Sothink SWF Decompiler 7.4 Build 5278
Softpedia Editor's Review for Sothink SWF Decompiler
Will browse, view and parse Shockwave Flash movies.
Written by Andreea Matei on October 27th, 2011
If you work with Flash movies on a daily basis, than you know what price to put on a tool that has the capability to decompile SWF files. A decent tool of this sort never comes for free, especially one that can also convert Flash files to FLA or HTML5 format.
Sothink SWF Decompiler is a popular and highly appreciated application that can do all that for a decent price. Deploying it on your system is a question of a few seconds, a minute tops. The interface is ribbon inspired and consists of five main tabs that encase all of its features. The main window is divided into several sections that include a file explorer to locate the Flash files, a preview of the elements contained by the SWF video and an area dedicated to exporting the files to FLA or HTML5 format.
Sothink SWF Decompiler strips Flash files to their very core and will list all the shapes, images, fonts, texts and frames that it may contain. You can choose individually which of these you want to export and the actual process takes only a couple of seconds. Sothink SWF Decompiler can also be used to extract all the resources to SWF, SWG or GLS format (used by Sothink SWF Easy).
The software also allows you to edit the current Flash file, by replacing the existing resources with items of your own choice. Another valuable feature is the EXE to SWF extractor, which converts executable files to Flash format .
Sothink SWF Decompiler was designed to enable users to explore even the tiniest detail in any Flash file. All the components are displayed in groups, allowing you to manually pick the ones to be exported to FLA format or HTML5 animations. It makes Flash processing easier and this is what recommends it as one of the most ferocious decompilers out there.
Sothink SWF Decompiler description
Here are some key features of "Sothink SWF Decompiler":
Exports FLA / FLEX / XFL File:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler is a powerful SWF to FLA converter. It can export almost all Flash movies made by various versions of Flash program; this SWF Decompiler can decompile SWF to FLEX project for FLEX SWF; and you can get XFL file from Flash movie of all versions.
· Convert SWF file to HTML5 animation, which Flash contents can be played on the portable devices without Flash player, such as iPhone, iPAD. And ypu can export the whole SWF to HTML5 animation or some sprites to HTML5 as you like. Support exporting resource to SVG or HTML format.
Exports Resources for Flash Movie:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler is a resources extractor, which can extract the shapes, sounds, images, sprites, fonts, texts and ActionScript. All resources can be exported in *.swf, *.fla or other popular formats for re- editing. For example, export image in jpeg or bmp format; export sound in mp3 or wav format; and export ActionScript in bin, as or html format. The shapes can be exported in the *.gls format which is used by Sothink SWF Easy.
Edits SWF Movie by Replacing Resources:
· Besides parsing, decompiling and exporting Flash, Sothink SWF Decompiler is an easy authoring tool to modify the existing SWF movie to get a brand-new Flash by element replacement, the available resources include shape, text, image and sound.
Supported FLA File Version:
· You can select the file version for the exported FLA. Supported formats include Macromedia Flash MX (Flash 6.0), Flash MX 2004 (Flash 7.0), Macromedia Flash 8, Flash CS3 (9.0), Flash CS4 (10.0) and Flash CS5.
· SWF Decompiler supports decompiling the FLEX SWF files. It can convert FLEX files back into FLEX projects as MXML format. Flash decompiler is able to restore your original source code FLEX, so you can edit and modify them in Flash or FLEX program.
Compatible with ActionScript 2 and ActionScript 3:
Sothink SWF Decompiler fully supports ActionScript 2 and 3, you can:
· Decompile code written by ActionScript 2 or 3 and display the readable code in AS window with syntax highlighting.
· Export ActionScript 2 and ActionScript 3 while SWF to FLA conversion.
· Search ActionScript in current AS file or all AS files.
Sothink SWF Decompiler supports HTML5, you can:
· Export the resources to SVG format. The available resources include shape, font and text.
· Export the resources to HTML format. The available resources include sprite.
· Sothink SWF Decompiler can scan if there are Flash components on your computer automatically or manually. The Export panel and tag information panel will list the component information if there are components in the decompiled Flash.
Export SWF Files in Batch:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler can convert multi-file to FLA / FLEX / XFL files at the one time, or export the resources to the certain file format for reusing. Just pick up the SWF or EXE files, and add them to "Multi-file Export" list, and then set the save directory for decompiling \ files. All the selected files will be exported to the specific folder after conversion completion.
Parses and Decompile:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler is professional on parsing and decompiling all the Flash movies. It displays all components of a movie in groups, such as Shape, Image, Sound, Flash Video, Font, Text, Sprite, Button and Frame. Furthermore, Sothink SWF Decompiler "reads" the ActionScript of the movie and shows the neat code with syntax highlighting. You will find out almost everything in a Flash movie by using Sothink SWF Decompiler.
Exports AS File into HTML Format:
· In order to view ActionScript files easily and clearly, you can export the AS files into HTML format.
Supports Flash Video (FLV/F4V)) File:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler can extract the video file from a Flash movie and export it in *.flv format. And you can play Flash videos (FLV/F4V) in preview window; the information of this Flash video will be shown in the movie information window.
Converts Static Text to Shape:
· Besides recovering the static text to text, Sothink SWF Decompiler offers the function of converting static text to shape. By using the Font Shape vector information from the SWF, Sothink SWF Decompiler can convert all found letters to shapes and save them in Library so that the static text will be composed of many movie clips of shapes, which looks the same as the original movie.
Switches Interface Languages:
· To satisfy the different users from all around world to work effectively, multiple language interfaces are available. And the program will auto recognize system languages and display interface language. The available languages include Traditional Chinese, English, French, Italian, Korean and German. Unicode encoding makes the program more stable to switch among multi-language.
Provides Thumbnail View and Navigation:
· Provides Thumbnail View function for folders containing sound, video, graphic and text, which shows the thumbnails of all the images in the directory. So users can easily pick which resource they want to export. And preview window has a navigation bar, which makes the users view clearly in which folder the resource are placed, and helps them to switch into the defined folder quickly.
Optimizes the Display of ActionScript in Export panel:
· In Export panel, optimizes the display of ActionScript in Export panel. When decompiling AS3.0, support showing AS Class structure like folder-tree according to its path in package.
· Sothink SWF Decompiler has an explorer-like interface to browse hard disk or network, and find Flash movies. It supports scanning your Internet Explorer's cache to find the Flash movies you have viewed. Users can invoke SWF Decompiler from Windows Explorer.
· Sothink SWF Decompiler has a built-in Flash viewer to play the Flash movies, including the *.swf files, Flash Video (.flv/.f4v) file, even the standalone Flash movies which have been packaged to *.exe files.
· You can control the movie in preview window by playback bar, such as play or stop the SWF / FLV / F4V file; zoom in or zoom out the Flash movie; forward and backward the movie, or highlight to view the current frame/time in total frame/time. And also, you can view SWF / FLV / F4V or element in original size or size matching the window.
Adds to Favorites:
· The program enables to remember the path of the wonderful Flash movie to make you quickly find the favorite SWF files next time, so that you can export SWF to FLA or extract the elements once again.
Opens Recent File Quickly:
· Sothink SWF Decompiler can recall all the *.swf files opened recently in "Quick Open" window for opening the required one in less time.
Edits Flash SWF without FLA:
· Sothink SWF Editor is an useful tool designed for programmers to easily edit SWF files without the original FLA file.
Extracts Flash (EXE) to SWF:
· Sothink EXE to SWF Extractor can extract SWF movies from Flash (EXE format).
Captures Flash Movies :
· Sothink SWF Catcher is an assistant tool of SWF Decompiler, it can capture and download Flash movies from Internet Explorer. If installing Sothink SWF Decompiler on your PC, SWF Catcher will be added to tool bar of Internet Explorer. While you are viewing a page including Flash, click this Catcher button or right-click and select "Sothink SWF Catcher" to get the Flash movies.
· If Firefox has been installed on your computer, the program will auto-install Sothink Flash Downloader For Firefox after the related option is checked when SWF Decompiler installation
· Supports the text with filter.
· Supports Blend type and bitmap caching.
· Supports stroke hint and scale type of line.
· 30 days trial
· Exporting Video type resources is disabled in unregistered version.
· In the unregistered version, only TWO resources in each category can be exported.
· Viewing all ActionScript is supported, but copying and pasting are unavailable.
· The unregistered version allows you to replace SWF elements and preview results, but saving the new SWF files is prohibited.
· In the trial version, all the decompiled resource files and ActionScripts can be viewed clearly and it is enough for you to test the software performance.
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support decompiling the SWF containing TLF text.
· Support exporting FLA as Flash CS6 format.
· Invalid shortcuts "Ctrl+C" and "Ctrl+A" when viewing ActionScript in the program.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Sothink SWF Decompiler 7.4 Build 5278 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |
|Go to top|