Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.2
Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Dreamweaver
New features help teams and individual developers alike reach the next level in performance and functionality
Written by Elena Opris on June 9th, 2012
Dreamweaver’s latest feature allows designers to create websites that are capable of working across desktops, tablets and mobile devices alike. The Fluid Grid Layout technology together with the MultiScreen Preview panel allows developers to acquire compatibility with handheld products.
Another ability that’s worth mentioning is the set of CSS transitions, which greatly simplify creating captivating animations with little effort. In fact, the CSS support provided by Dreamweaver is awesome, as it ensures that you’re equipped with the necessary tools to display, inspect and edit CSS code, while providing a wide array of built-in CSS Starter Layouts.
Dreamweaver has other interesting features up its sleeve, including autocomplete, code highlighting (with the best picked colors), the possibility to connect to a FTP, edit and re-upload files without using a FTP client, the possibility of creating projects to easily edit multiple files, as well as a nice search and replace feature - including regex (regular expressions) search. The Code/Split/Design modes are similar to the ones found in Microsoft Visual Studio.
All things considered, Dreamweaver feature a rock-solid and pleasant environment that keeps developers updated with the latest HTML technology and trends in web design. It rapidly adjusts itself to the tendencies of the web and to the needs of the everyday user.
Adobe Dreamweaver description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Dreamweaver":
jQuery Mobile support:
· Add advanced interactivity with jQuery code hinting. jQuery makes it simple to add interactivity to web pages. Get a jump start with starter templates for mobile phones.
· Build and package native apps for Android and iOS with Adobe PhoneGap. Convert existing HTML to a mobile phone app within Dreamweaver using the PhoneGap framework. Test layouts with the provided emulator.
Multiscreen Preview panel:
· Design for smartphones, tablets, and desktops with the Multiscreen Preview panel. Use media query support to style and visualize rendering of your designs for a wide range of devices.
Fluid Grid Layout:
· Construct complex web designs and layouts without getting buried in code. Fluid Grid Layout is adaptive to help you design projects that display on different screen sizes for desktops and devices.
· Check your pages before publishing with a WebKit rendering engine that supports display of HTML5 content. Help ensure cross-browser compatibility and consistent display of your layouts.
· Style with the CSS panel, which supports CSS3. Design view supports media queries for applying different styles to fit screen dimensions. Design view and code hinting support HTML5.
Adobe Business Catalyst integration:
· Use the integrated Business Catalyst panel in Dreamweaver to connect and edit sites you build with Adobe Business Catalyst (available separately). Build e-commerce sites with the hosted solution.
· Upload large files quickly with the reengineered FTP transfer tool. Save time transferring batches of associated files as you publish your projects.
Integrated CMS support:
· Author sites using CMSs like WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal. Access related files with the Dynamically Related Files feature. Live View Navigation offers accurate previews of dynamic apps.
Site-specific code hinting:
· Benefit from code hinting on nonstandard files in Dreamweaver, enabling enhanced hinting support for third-party PHP libraries and CMS frameworks like WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal.
FTPS, FTPeS support:
· Deploy files more securely with native support for the FTPS and FTPeS protocols.
Adobe Creative Suite integration:
· Save time and work more efficiently with Adobe Create Suite components including Adobe Flash Professional, Fireworks, and Photoshop Extended.
Extended Dreamweaver community:
· Learn and share with an extensive Dreamweaver community. Access the online Adobe Design Center and Adobe Developer Connection, training and seminars, developer certification programs, and user forums.
Support for leading technologies:
Adobe BrowserLab integration:
· Preview dynamic web pages and local content with diagnostic and comparison tools. Use Adobe BrowserLab (available separately) to test web content across browsers and operating systems.
· Animate changes to CSS properties as transitions to bring web designs to life. Maintain greater control of web design as you finesse page elements and create captivating effects.
· Use the online W3C Markup Validation Service to help ensure the accuracy of your standards-based web designs.
· Store your files more securely with support for Subversion® software.
· Visually display the CSS box model in detail and easily toggle CSS properties without reading code or needing to use a separate utility.
PHP custom class code hinting:
· Build and maintain PHP applications and get direct insight into core functions, methods, and objects with dynamic PHP code hinting.
Simple site setup:
· Set up a site with ease using the retooled Dreamweaver Site Definition dialog box. Add multiple servers with custom names to utilize staged or networked sites or other site types.
CSS starter pages:
· Jump-start your standards-based website design with CSS Starter Layouts. Choose from a wide selection of templates that incorporate CSS best practices and easy-to-understand selectors and rules.
Comprehensive CSS support:
· Design and develop websites with powerful CSS tools. Visually display the CSS box model in Dreamweaver and reduce the need to manually edit CSS code — even in external style sheets.
Integrated FLV content:
· Add FLV files to any web page with point-and-click ease and standards-compliant coding. Preview your movies with FLV playback capabilities in Live View.
· Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
· RAM: 512 MB
· Hard Disk: 1 GB of free space
· 1,280 x 800 monitor resolution with 16-bit or greater video card
· DVD-ROM drive
· Internet connection for activation
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This update addresses several Dreamweaver FTP issues reported by customers. The update improves Dreamweaver performance with Business Catalyst sites and provides a mechanism to open Adobe Proto files. It also includes usability improvements in the Find and Replace dialog box.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.2 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |
|Go to top|