Visual Web Ripper description
Extract data from the web and save to database, XML, CSV or XLS
Visual Web Ripper is the most powerful and easy-to-use data extraction software for web scraping, web harvesting and data extraction from the internet.
Visual Web Ripper can automatically walk through whole web sites and collect complete content structures such as product catalogues or search results, and save the content in a database or as XML.
This application was designed to allow users to collect content from the Internet and save it as structured data. The Visual Web Ripper programming interface provides full access to every single feature in Visual Web Ripper, so you can create and modify projects, or run a project and access collected data directly.
Here are some key features of "Visual Web Ripper":
· Visual Web Ripper has a visual editor to define projects and templates. You use a mouse to click on the content you want to collect, so no coding is required.
· Visual Web Ripper can automatically walk through whole web sites and collect complete content structures such as product catalogues or search results
· Visual Web Ripper has a fast multi-threaded data collector for web sites where AJAX is not required for data extraction.
· Visual Web Ripper can repeatedly submit forms for all possible combinations of input values in dropdown boxes, or you can supply a list of input values by yourself.
· You can supply parameter data from a database, such as form input values or URLs that should be visited.
· Visual Web Ripper can extract data from most framesets and iframes.
· A list of anonymous proxy servers can be setup to hide your IP-address and facillitate anonymous web scrapping.
· You can schedule content extraction to keep data up-to-date. The scheduler includes email notification, logging and status screens.
· Advanced selection techniques make project templates more resistant to structural changes on web pages, so a scheduled project can keep collecting data even if the structure of a webpage changes slightly.
· Email notifications can be sent out if the structure of a webpage changes so much that you must modify the scheduled project to continue extracting content from the webpage.
· Unique features allow you to extract data from web pages with an unstructured "flow" of content. Most other web data extraction tools are unable to extract data from such web pages.
· You can collect many different types of content, such as text, links, images, files, meta tags, tag attributes and many more.
· You can run data extraction projects from the command line.
· You can save extracted content to databases, spreadsheets, XML or CSV files. You can also save the data in an internal memory structure that can be used in conjunction with the API.
· Custom scripting in C#, VB.NET or Regex allows transformation of content as it is being extracted.
· You can use custom post-processing modules (.NET assemblies) to post-process data after it has been extracted. Custom modules are automatically triggered after a project has run.
· Visual Web Ripper includes a powerful API. You can use the API to modify and run projects from within your own applications, or use the API in conjunction with a post-processing module to easily post-process collected data.
· The Visual Web Ripper installer package includes examples showing how to build custom post-processing modules and how to use the API.
· .NET Framework 4
· Internet Explorer 8 or higher
· 15 days trial
· Will only extract the first 100 web elements on a website
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An error occurs if proxy is set to Proxy List and there are no proxies specified.