Weather Display description
The software to get the most from your weather station
Weather Display is an application that allows you to monitor the weather status. Not only does it support a huge range of stations from all the major manufacturers but it's also stacked with features and options.
These include real time, auto scale and graph history graphing, FTP of the weather data to your web page, pager and email notifications of extreme conditions, web download, Metar / Synop emails, averages / extreme / climate / NOAA reports, web cam upload, grouped file uploads, FTP downloads, decoded metar download's, APRS output (internet and direct com port as well) ,WAP, direct web cam capture, animated web cam images, weatherdials, weather voice, weather answer phone, use of Dallas 1 wire sensors (such as lightning counter, solar sensor, barometer sensor and extra temperature/humidity sensors with any weather station), use a Labjack to add extra temperature or humidity sensor to your existing weather station (USB).
Here are some key features of "Weather Display":
· For the WM918 / WX-200, WMR-918, WMR-968, WMR-928, Hyundai, DAVIS WMII / Wireless / Wizard / Grow / VP, ELV WS2000 / Funk 7000 / WMR900H, La Crosse WS2010/2215, ULTIMETER (100 - 2000 and the Ultimeter II), the Maximum Weather Max, the UWS3000-ws, the Rain Wise WS2000/MKIII, the Dallas 1 wire (and version 3), the Texas WR25, the Davis Vantage Pro/VP2, the climatronics ultrasonic, the Heathkit ID5001, the Novalynx WS-16 Weather Station,the Capricorn 2000, the ASOS/RAWS ,the new La Crosse WS2300 / 2310 / 2315, 3600 / 3610, the ELV WS2500PC, La Crosse 2500, the Weather Hawk,and the Environdata weather master 2000, the AWS Weather Bug, Instromet.
· Multi language support: German, Italian,Spanish, French (still to complete)
· Graphical presentation of the weather data.
· Easy to configure. A Fast and responsive program.
· Stores a log file, with a single click to see the averages/extremes for any month or day. This can also be uploaded to your web page, automatically
· Stores it's own daily, monthly and yearly rain totals and displays it's own rain rate, per minute (re-calculated every second) and per hour.
· Has its own Internet Dialer and FTP program, with an easy to set up web page, with GIF (or JPG option) graph and HTML Table of data. Fast upload time, around 30 seconds. The GIF images are small in size (13kb), and so are fast to upload and view on the web site
· The robust FTP Dialer can also press Cancel on the "Reestablish connection" dialog box, so as the next scheduled dial up can continue, and can minimize the "Connected to.." box when connection established. These features can be turned off. It will also enter in the password if it is not available in Dial up networking (i.e. won't remember it or is greyed out)
· Can upload and display a WEB CAM image,and animate it!.
· Weather warning email system and Pager notification or SMS mobile phone subject line via email
· METAR and SYNOPTIC output which can be emailed.
· Sun rise / set and Moon rise / set, moon phase calculator.
· Weather Dials.
· Easy to configure Offsets and corrections.
· Can hide in system tray.
· Supports comm ports 1 to 12.
· Best viewed in 800x600, but full screen option is available, and more than 256 colours, with Small Fonts
· Select many different units, US or metric (e.g wind in kts or km/h or m/s).
· Used by TEAM NZ in the successfull defence of the recent America's Cup, and is used by the US Navy and NOAA
· Can page a numeric or alpha pager when user set thresholds have been exceeded. You set the numbers you want to appear for the numeric pager.
· Can download jpg,gif and htm files from a web page at pre-set times, and then can re-name and upload again to your web page. It can also do manual upload with a single click of a file you choose, and groups of files uploads at pre-set times too.
· Can load in the log file from the Skyview systems data logger for the WM918
· Current weather report email to your friends.
· Upload a screen shot of the program or the Weather Dials
· Produces a daily Fire Weather Index report and graph
· Now has graph history being stored, and which you can view
· Send your data to Weather underground or Hamweather / weather for you
· Can use and display an extra sensor as a soil sensor for those weather stations that have a facility for an extra sensor
· Now does HTTP download of weather.noaa.gov reports / warnings and can download Decoded METARS , which can be viewed in the program from a large list of world wide airports, and added to your web page or included in the Wunderground / Weather for you data
· Now produces a WAP file and can FTP it to a WAP directory at your home page, which can be viewed with a WAP enabled Cell phone!
· Now uploads a daily high/low pressure, humidity and low windchill image
· Now enter your locations climate averages for temperature, rain and windspeed and weather display will show you the differences from normal
· Now you can create your own web page, using over 200 variable names in a template for Weather display to insert the weather parameters. See "owntemplate.txt" in the files downloaded
· Now has real time graphs,of up to 8 weather parameters
· Now has large display of main weather parameters
· Now produces a APRS data file for HAM radio operators
· View downloaded satellite or rain images in the program, which you can animate with the click of a button!
· Percentage wind direction for month to date, and strength of each direction
· Import log files from other software, including Weather view 32 and Weather Lab
· Run multiple versions over a LAN updated every second via a client/server TCP data packet
· Join up and send your weather data to the APRS Citizen network via the internet - no ham radio needed
· Wind hours / Energy logging for wind generation potential
· Use your own weather icons!
· Supports up to 6 extra Dallas 1 wire temperature sensors, and 4 humidity sensors, a barometer, rain gauge, and the HUB
· Wind direction distribution chart
· Supports all 3 WMR918/WMR968 extra temperature/humidity sensors
· Can be interfaced with your "homeseer" software (see homeseer.zip for instructions)
· You can use the relatively inexpensive Dallas 1 wire temperature or humidity sensors with your existing weather station to give you more temperature or humidity sensors (6 temperature and 4 humidity sensors supported)
· Fully supports the Davis VP and Plus, and it will extract the data from the data logger since the program was last running (set the data logger to 1 minute intervals)
· Can produce a animated gizmo of your current conditions, and animated dials
· Now has DDE support
· Weather display can now produce a animated gif of your web cam image, and upload that to your web site, and you can even alter the file creation time, for the last 7 images
· You can get weather display to produce a animated gif of the file you have downloaded via the http download, and get that file uploaded to your web site, i.e animated rain radar, statellite picture, of the last 6 images
· Now has new auto scaling graphs of the main weather parameters and any extra sensor data
· Now you can directly view/capture your web cam image as a live image, no other software needed !. This image can be animated too!
· Now you can have a java viewer of the dials updated on your web site as often as every few seconds!
· Now you can have a simple web server running on your pc, to give real time weather data over the internet (permanent connection required)
· Now anyone can view your data in real time with a free client viewer that they download from the download section of this web site (and enter your url + clientraw.txt)
· Have your web cam file automaticly time stamped and viewable every 30 minutes, and uploaded to your web page.
· New: Weather Talker added: weather display can tell you the weather conditions, and or create a .wav file to be included on your website !. Fully customisable
· Can handle auth SMTP email
· New: Tide prediction added
· New: Listen for and display other aprs data (and you can select which aprs station to display)
· New:Use in large screen mode
· New: Put a current weather data info onto your web cam image (very customisable)
· New: Now has WMR918/WMR968 battery status/warning email, and WM918 AC to battery alarm (use to warn of power failure)
· New:Now displays all 198 forecast strings from the Davis VP !
· New:Now calculates evapotranspiration rate (Kimberly -Penman equations) for stations with solar readings.
· New:Now has a phone weather talking answer system: Phone your weather station and hear the weather conditions over the phone!. Works with any voice modem. Multiple modems supported
· New:Now can send APRS data out a free comport directly to a TNC/radio
· New:Now supports the LabJack and temperature sensors
· New:Now compatible with Image Salsa
· New:5 Day Noaa forecast graphic
· New:Create your own weather report for each person in the email list
· New:Current weather conditions screen saver
· New:Stores data in a MS Access database now
· New:Linux version now too
· New:Now produces a XML data feed file
· New:Real time weather display on the internet. See: http://www.weather-display.com/windy/svg.htm
· New:All time records to date for the year added
· New:MYSQL direct database update support added
· New:Integraton with Astrogenics Nexstorm lightning detection software added
· New:Snow graph/total info
· New:Weather Display Live!, see: http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/flash/
· New:Meso Map live addon ! , see weather conditions in your area with an attractive flash interface
· New:Davis THSW now calculated
· New:Live web cam network streaming ability!
· New:Transparent gif option!
· New:Control the anlog out line on a labjack
· New:Generate all day and last hour video movies and get them encoded (compressed) by windows media encoder,automaticly and uploaded automaticly
· New:You can now use Weather Display at the same time as Davis Weather Link, by setting to piggy back with the wlk data files
· New:Now you can use a built in HTTP server to create a link direct to your webcam image on your pc to provide near real time web cam images (you will need to configure your router to allow http froma select port number)
· New:Support for the Awekas project
· New:1 minute barometer update from a Davis VP station
· New:Use altimeter barometer data with a Davis VP to send data to CWOP or to use (more accurate for at high altitude)
· New:Support for Wundergrounds new Rapid Fire updates
· New:TV style Special effects transition of custom screen set in the custom screen slide show setup
· New:Different skin selections
· New:Flash video (.swf) production of the time stamped web cam images
· New:PNG support added
· New:Detailed climate and rain reports added
· New:Davis Wlink IP data logger support added
· New:MeteoHub support added
· New:WeatherBug BackYard weather data send support added
· New:Now works with a LED moving sign, and also the Boltwood cloud detector
· New:Added new advanced 3D grapgs
· New:Added Twitter update ability (and now Oauth)
· New:Added WindFinder upload ability (and now Oauth)
· New:Added ability to plot watts power useage from a CurrentDevice power monitor
· New:Added support for UK Met Office WOW
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix from recent build error for if using the speech setup
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Weather Display 10.37R Build 62 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |