Softpedia in association with ArcSoft offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects with a 30% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button and use the softpedia30 coupon. Get it now, while it's hot!
Softpedia Editor's Review for ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects [30% DISCOUNT]
Add funny visual effects to your image while chatting online
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 10th, 2013
ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects is a handy utility designed to apply several effects to your webcam, thus enhancing the video chat experience over the Internet.
With a fairly clean and easy to navigate interface, ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects presents its main modules straight in the main window, with all the features nicely organized in an intuitive sidebar.
You can change the webcam settings, enable face tracking and configure digital zoom, apply a series of filters, select a new frame or a theme, set up your avatar and enhance the webcam with the help of various effects.
The “Webcam Settings” screen allows you to configure parameters such as brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, sharpness, gamma, white balance, backlight compensation, exposure, focus and gain, all of them meant to enhance the quality of the streamed content.
The “Face Tracking” tool provides two different modes, single and multiple, while the “Digital Zoom” can be easily configured with the help of intuitive tools.
As for “Filters”, “Frames”, “Themes” and “Avatar”, there are numerous built-in options, starting with black and white, as well as face mosaic utilities and ending with various drawings to simulate the appearance of characters such as a princess or a race driver.
Last but not least, the “Enhance” tab provides you with the possibility to configure noise reduction and dynamic lighting in order to contribute to better video quality.
The application quietly sits in the System Tray and even comes with a so-called “Private” button that allows you to instantly replace the streamed video with a still picture and thus stop video broadcasting.
In conclusion, ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects is a useful application, thanks to the rich customization features that target a simple webcam.
ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects [30% DISCOUNT] description
Here are some key features of "ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects [30% DISCOUNT]":
· Online chat visual effects
· Face Tracking
· Digital Pan, Tilt, and Zoom
· New Fun Frame:16:9 frames for HD videos
· New Fun Themes:16:9 themes for HD videos
· New Fun Filters
· Creative Avatar: more newly designed avatars for both HD and regular videos
· Video Enhancements
· Video Plug-in technology
· Auto power-saving
· Windows Vista compatible
· Controlled Webcam Settings
· Dynamic Lighting technology
· Noise Reduction technology
· Private Button and Mute MIC button
· Modularized interface for easy customization
· Activation design enables download of more modules
· Pentium IV 1.6 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon for QVGA effects
· Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or equivalent AMD Athlon, or above for VGA effects
· 50 MB free hard drive space
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB DDR RAM recommended)
· 16-bit color display at 800x600 (32 MB video memory with DirectX 3D support recommended)
· DirectX 9.0c or above
· Functions such as Filter, Face Tracking, Frame and more are not available.