Softpedia Editor's Review for CyberLink YouCam
Add Dynamic Effects for Video Chats and Webcams
Written by Andreea Matei on September 21st, 2012
Using a webcam you can reach out to people all over the world and with the aid of a microphone, you can also engage in live conversations. To do it the fun way, you can start using software such as Cyberlink YouCam, designed to enhance your webcam experience with a rich collection of effects, gadgets and avatars.
Cyberlink YouCam serves as a multi-purpose webcam application, since you can it use it to have fun while chatting, but you can also rely on it to create presentations and tutorials or to take your computer to a new level of security, with the aid of the face recognition algorithm.
The installation process of the application takes a fair amount of time, due to the wide range of templates encased in the deployment package. Towards the end of the installation, the application offers the Google Toolbar, but you can decline it if you don’t fancy any third party tools. The main window of the program is simple and stylish; most of the space is dedicated to the webcam image, while the remaining area is reserved for the management of the snapshots and recorded videos. From the adjacent control panel, you can trigger image effects, the presentation designer and other utilities that include face recognition for Windows login and a webcam surveillance application.
The richest and most attractive section is the one that incorporates image effects and avatars. A few quick examples are the confetti elements, 3D virtual objects, animated emoticons, unique frames and the most appealing one, the possibility to transport yourself to virtual locations all over the world (New York, Paris). The fun part aside, Cyberlink YouCam can be of great assistance when creating educational material, such as tutorials. By using PowerPoint files, combined with live captures of your PC screen, you should be able to create outstanding video presentations.
With the aid of the Face Login feature, you no longer need to type usernames and passwords, but instead, you just look at the webcam and the recognition algorithm instantly logs you into your computer, no additional data needed.
All in all, Cyberlink YouCam makes the most of your webcam. You can use it for fun, educational and security purposes and this is what makes it the ultimate webcam software.
CyberLink YouCam description
Here are some key features of "CyberLink YouCam":
YouCam @ Play:
· Avatar Creator
· Download Avatar Face Features
· Download/share Avatars on DirectorZone
· Unlimited DirectorZone effects downloads
· Particle Effects with Image Detection
· Touch Distortion Effects
· TrueTheater Enhancements
· Facial Tracking with Auto Zooming
YouCam @ Work:
· Share media during video communication
· Record desktop event and share via IM
· Spy Cam motion detection recording
· Spy Cam scheduled recording
· Spy Cam auto-email of recordings
· Face Login to Windows
· Face Login to websites
· Face Tracking Technology
· Record HD video in H.264 format
· Apply HD fun effects
· HD Desktop recording
· HD Video & Snapshot recording
· DirectX 9 or above
· Memory 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
· CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ or above
· HDD Space 1 GB required
· VGA Card Intel 945 (Independent graphics card recommended)
· Device Webcam (built-in or external USB)
· Other Software: Instant messaging software with video communication functions, such as Windows Live Messenger, Skype, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (Google Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function