Mobile Data Monitoring Application 22.214.171.124
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Mobile Data Monitoring Application 126.96.36.199:
- MDMA's GUI is now in a new "landscape" orientation optimized for netbook displays.
- Replaced the unused Cell Description field with an SNR (signal to noise ratio) display for the Huawei modems that support this feature. You don't have to do anything, if you modem supports it, you see numbers here, if not, you won't. At this stage I'm not entirely sure of what these values represent, but if you're interested have a read here (WayBackMachine). Ununocitum's theory on the reported SNR values is here.
- In order to work around the problem of the E1820 ignoring the AT to command from the 3gpp specification to deactivate all PDP contexts (i.e. disconnect from the internet), MDMA now uses Windows RAS to hang up the connection. The downside of this is you must have a RAS entry named 'MDMA'. The easiest way to do this is to create a copy of the one created by your other dashboard.
- Failure to do this will result in the following error when using the 'Connect' button in MDMA:
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 54 KB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Graham Inggs
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Mobile Phone Tools \ Others
Simple-to-handle GUIAll the read parameters are comprised in a single window, which makes the interface seem a bit crowded. Nevertheless, once you understand their significance, having all the values at hand in the same window is actually better.
Automatic device detection and viewing location area code, cell ID and network codesThe connected device is automatically detected, yet you have to make sure that no other opened application uses the same communication port. Mobile Data Monitoring Application displays details about the received signal strength (RSSI) and detects the mobile country and network codes (MCC and MNC). Also, you can view the operator name, yet this information might not be available for some devices and SIM card types.
The program can read data regarding the radio access technology (e.g. GPRS, EDGE, 3G etc.) and even data transmitted by the closest cellular tower, such as the location area code (LAC), the “Radio Network Controller Identifier” (RNC ID), the cell ID, registration and roaming information.
Data pertaining to bandwidth usage for Huawei devicesFor Huawei devices, Mobile Data Monitoring Application can also display information about the transmitted and received data, allowing you to keep an eye on the bandwidth usage. The data counters can be reset with a single button's click, which comes in handy for getting a new data bundle from the mobile operator. The current upload and download speeds are also displayed, together with the highest recorded peak, a 10 seconds average and the negotiated QoS included in your data plan.
Support for USSD commandsThe program enables you to switch the connection type (GPRS, EDGE), provided you have signal coverage and set the default APN. Additionally, you can write USSD commands and transmit them to the device or receive cellular broadcast messages.
Bottom lineTo conclude, Mobile Data Monitoring Application displays information about the specifications and the signal strength of your mobile device and transferred data, enabling you to log the information and change the connection type according to your needs. It comes in handy for anyone who does not want to exceed the transfer limits imposed by their data plan.
Mobile Data Monitoring Application was reviewed by Mihaela Citea, last updated on August 18th, 2014
Runs on: Windows 2K / XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 2003 / 2008