Softpedia Editor's Review for MP3 CD Ripper
Rip audio CD tracks and convert MP3 to WAV, WMA or OGG
Written by Elena Opris on June 28th, 2012
MP3 CD Ripper is a program that you can use to extract songs from CDs and convert music to several formats, including MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA and FLAC.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. You can import music by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method. Batch processing is supported but limited in the unregistered version.
In the queue you can check out the name, length, size, status and information of each audio track. Once you specify the output format and destination, you can proceed with the encoding process.
Additionally, you can make some audio modifications when it comes to the quality (e.g. HiFi, CD, FM radio, telephone), sample frequency rate, bit rate, channel, bits per sample VBR, normalization, and others. In case you are trying to rip songs from a CD, you can also write your own tags.
The audio processing software uses a moderate amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file for all user levels, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to keep a very good sound quality.
Unfortunately, several errors popped up during our tests when we tried ripping CDs (on both Windows 7 and XP). In this case, we were not able to fully test MP3 CD Ripper's capabilities. We recommend it with reservations.
MP3 CD Ripper description
Here are some key features of "MP3 CD Ripper":
Fast and Easy to Use:
· With the simple and straightforward interface, you can get started by few clicks even without reading any help. With our advanced audio converter engine, it is fast and produces high quality conversions.
Conversion Quality Management:
· Pre-defined conversion qualities (like HiFi Quality, CD Quality, FM Quality, etc.) make it easy for you to set and manage the encoding parameters. Even more, you can edit or even create your own conversion qualities.
Built-in Audio Player:
· With built-in audio player, you are able to play the audio files without any 3rd party player.
Supports Drag and Drop:
· Simply drag and drop audio files or even audio folders to add into the conversion list.
Multiple Audio Formats:
· Rip audio CD tracks to variety of audio formats: MPEG, WAVE, Windows Media Audio, Ogg Vorbis, Dialogic ADPCM
· Retrieve disc album info. (for example trackname, title, etc.) from freedb online database.
High Performance Ripping Engine:
· Reliable and high performance CD ripping engine, featured with jitter correction to compensate reading errors.
Supports up to 20 Audio Formats:
· Supported audio formats to convert from: MP3/MP2/MP1, MPA, WMA, ASF, WAV, OGG, AAC, M4A/MP4, AC3, FLAC, APE/MAC, MPC/MP+/MPP, AIFF
· Supported audio formats to convert to: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC, APE, MPC, VOX
Batch & Folder Conversion:
· MP3 Audio Converter is able to convert multiple audio files of different formats, as well as entire folders in one single conversion by just a simple click.
· Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
· 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
· 10 MB hard drive space
· CD/ DVD device
· Sound Card (optional)
· 15 days trial period
· Can only convert up to 5 file at once
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the core audio converting engine.
· Audio Converter: Support ADX format (*.adx), AIX format (*.aix)
| ||Softpedia guarantees that MP3 CD Ripper 5.01 Build 1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |