Softpedia Editor's Review for EZ CD Audio Converter
Rips audio CDs with an accurate, high-performance CD ripping engine and converts audio file formats from one format to another
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 9th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for EZ CD Audio Converter
In case working with audio files is something you do a lot, a versatile audio CD extraction software is a must have. Such an application is even more valuable if it can perform additional tasks.
Easy CD-DA Extractor is a program especially designed to serve as a comprehensive tool for conducting several operations, that include ripping audio CDs, converting files from one format to another or burning CDs or DVDs.
Basically, this application can do 4 different things from the same interface and after a detailed test it was obvious that Easy CD-DA Extractor is pretty good when it comes to each of them.
The main window might seem a bit overwhelming when you first see it, but it's only because it holds so many features. The main functions are neatly organized in a tabbed structure, while a simple file browser is placed right under them for quick access to the files that will be processed.
The file converter feature supports most audio formats out there and also allows tiny tweaks to enhance quality. With it you can encode MP3, WAV, AAC or FLAC tracks, to name just a few of the filetypes it can handle.
The CD/DVD creator can easily replace any traditional disc burning solution because it comes with drag and drop support and the basic options to help you safely burn a disc.
Besides all these great functions, Easy CD-DA Extractor also comes with a detailed settings menu, with separate features for each of the aforementioned functions.
All in all, Easy CD-DA Extractor performs very well and thanks to its solid set of features can easily be a great solution, especially since it can perform a variety of tasks with minimal effort from the user.
EZ CD Audio Converter description
Here are some key features of "EZ CD Audio Converter":
Audio CD Ripper:
· Rips audio CDs with accurate, high-performance CD ripping engine. Bypasses 'copy-protections'. Reads badly scratched discs. Reports errors on the discs. Reads the track titles from the Internet. Writes ID3/ID3V2/metadata. Allows you to edit the metadata and specify the filenames for the ripped files, and more...
Audio File Format Converter:
· Converts audio file formats from one format to another. Splits CUE Sheets and encodes the music to individual files. Allows you to edit the ID3/ID3V2/metadata, and rename the output files, and more...
Audio CD Creator:
· Writes Audio CDs that are compatible with all home/car CD-players. Writes CD-Text. Supports CUE Sheets. Uses BURN-Proof for error-free CD burning.
MP3/WMA CD Creator:
· Writes MP3 CDs that can be played on MP3 compatible CD-players. Also writes WMA CDs, and standard Data CDs. Supports Unicode and long filenames. Uses BURN-Proof for error-free CD burning.
· A CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive for ripping audio CD's (IDE, SCSI, USB, USB2, or Firewire)
· A CD-R/RW, or DVD-R/RW/RAM, or DVD+R/RW for creating audio CD's (IDE, SCSI, USB, USB2, or Firewire)
· Soundcard recommended but not required
· Screen resolution 800x600 or higher recommended
· 15 MB free disk space
· 30-day trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the problem where freedb query not populating Artist/Album field correctly
· Updated shell extensions
· Updated shell browser components