Exact Audio Copy 1.0 Beta 4
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Exact Audio Copy 1.0 Beta 4:
- The last update was a really long time ago, but finally here comes a new version of EAC
- There are no larger new features, but bug fixes mainly regarding drive detection and problems on installing the .NET plugins made it necessary to release this service update
- Also I updated the freedb++ plugin, so that it again finds more covers to choose from. This plugin will be released as public domain shortly (I always wanted to do that, but I always wanted to comment the whole code first – I gave up on that…)
- Finally I updated several included external components, like CTDB and Flac
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 4.4 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Andre Wiethoff
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Multimedia \ Audio \ Audio CD Rippers & Encoders
PART OF: CD Rippers download hub ( + 2 others )see alternatives
A specialized utility that offers many more features than a simple extraction is Exact Audio Copy.
Clean feature lineup
The software application comes with a simple, well-organized interface that is focused on practicality rather than good looks.
Different extraction modes
There are several extraction methods you can choose from, namely burst extraction, fast and secure. You should note that the quality of the output sound differs quite a lot, depending on the way of grabbing the tracks from audio CDs.
Pick the desired output format
If you want to simply transfer some of the music discs in digital format for use with a portable player, you have a choice between MP3 and WMA formats. These are compressed formats, with marginal quality loss, as opposed to the uncompressed extraction which preserves the original sound integrally.
In case you wish to keep the songs in an archive and you need higher quality, Exact Audio Copy can help you in this respect as well. Simply select the FLAC or WMA Lossless while in the 'Encoder Selection' window of the configuration wizard.
Create ID3 tags and set up file naming rules
With regard to the track information that you may want to add to each track, you can set the program to create ID3 tags for each of the extracted songs. Also, the naming scheme can be customized and Exact Audio Copy offers a wide variety of options which are easily selectable from a drop-down menu.
To sum it up, it's safe to say that for those who appreciate quality and are pleased with having a great store of options to configure, this utility is most appropriate. Also, even if it may take a bit of getting used to, Exact Audio Copy can be safely used by less experienced users.
Exact Audio Copy was reviewed by Olivian Puha, last updated on December 18th, 2014
Runs on: Windows All
feature list requirements