Softpedia Editor's Review for AVS Audio Converter
A wizard-styled audio converter utility program that allows you to convert audio files
Written by Elena Opris on May 16th, 2012
AVS Audio Converter is an application which allows you to encode audio tracks between various formats, including MP3, WAV, OGG and FLAC. It can be easily used by all individuals, whether they are beginners or experts.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. Music can be imported into the list by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" method. Batch conversion is possible.
In the list you can view the name, duration and status of each file. Once you specify the destination folder and format, you can initiate the conversion process.
But you can also configure audio settings when it comes to the profile, codec, channels, bit rate, sample frequency rate and sample size.
Additionally, you can play audio tracks, merge or trim files, insert pause between songs, add cover art, grab from CDs, import sounds from videos, rename files, edit tag information, configure renaming rules, and more.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources, includes a well-drawn help file with snapshots for beginners and quickly finishes a conversion task while keeping a very good sound quality. Too bad the unregistered version is severely limited. Otherwise, we strongly recommend AVS Audio Converter to all users.
AVS Audio Converter description
Here are some key features of "AVS Audio Converter":
· specify frequency, number of channels, bitrate and other parameters of your output files before you convert your audio files
· apply fine tuning of parameters for MP3 and OGG formats when you convert your audio
· specify the location of the output audio files before converting
· visually judge the progress of the audio conversion process
· play the converted audio files after you convert them to make sure that the quality is sufficient
· modify extra text information in existing audio files such as Title, Artist, Album, Comment.
· Processor: Intel/AMD compatible at 1500 MHz or higher
· Display: 800x600 32-bit color
· RAM: 256 MB or higher
· Sound: Windows compatible sound card
· Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
· Administrative permissions (required for program installation and registration)
· Internet connection to register
· Windows Vista Recommended System Requirements
· Processor: Intel/AMD compatible at 3 GHz single core/1.8 GHz dual core
· RAM: 1 GB or higher
· Video: Windows Vista compatible video card
· Sound: Windows Vista compatible sound card
· Voice logo on the output files