Extreme Sample Converter 126.96.36.1991
Extreme Sample Converter description
A multi-functional audio software, browser, player, and program editor
The Extreme Sample Converter application was developed to be a multi-functional audio program, browser, player, and program editor with advanced conversion between different sample formats.
Here are some key features of "Extreme Sample Converter":
· VST and DX plugins supported.
· we can process each channel left and right separately with different plugins.
· we can use it for chaining different effects and create new exciting sounds.
· it can be used for signal monitoring when sample recording.
· plugin delay latency compensation is supported so for plugins with a delay it is automatically calculated to correct the position.
· together with ASIO support we can play with VSTi instruments in real-time or process audio signals with additional effects.
HARDWARE CONVERTER (SAMPLING OF YOUR HARDWARE):
· sampling hardware instruments.
· working with ASIO and MIDI.
· possibility of using several midi channels at the same time to record more that one instrument simultaneously.
· audio latency compensation.
· midi latency adjusting parameter (trimming to correct sample start).
· patch normalize option, you don't have to care about the inputs gain, just start record and the software automatically adjusts the samples.
· sample normalize, each sample will be gained to the possible highest volume.
· ASIO Monitoring, by clicking on mapping you can listen sounds.
· with MONIT. SPLIT (split monitoring) button switched to on, it is possible to hear a sound corresponding to the selected zone and its velocity point.
· built-in silence detection algorithms allows you to find a correct start and end of recorded samples.
· it is possible to record a sample first, send to an external audio editor for editing and then convert finally to destination format.
· converting virtual synths to different formats.
· support for plugins without their own GUI.
· choosing a patch or bank also possible.
DUAL VIEW (WORKING ON TWO MONITORS):
· you can split converter into two functional windows. Thanks to this you can easily work on two monitors.
EXTERNAL AUDIO EDITOR SUPPORT:
· you can send samples to an external audio editor and convert them into another format.
· the software takes all changes from the audio editor (trimming, re-sampling, filtering or whatever you changed) and then you can save these new samples into the destination format.
X-FADE PERFECT LOOPING:
· it is possible to set accurate and perfect looping in sample material.
· stereo samples can be tuned together so you can set different loop in the left and right channel and then use X-Fade.
· with this option, the program becomes an excellent audio editor, allowing free looping while creating new loops.
· editing of the loop is possible separately for the left and right channel whereby very interesting and unique effects can be produced. Not all formats accept this kind of loop editing. e. g. SampleTank and, in general, GigaSampler/GigaStudio don't accept these loops.
· loops can be shown even in sizes above 1:1, making it easy to analyze and locate the best point for starting and ending of the loop, and finding the best phase.
· during displacement of the loop, crackling in the sample playback is not heard, a problem which might otherwise be found disturbing. The program changes the beginning and the end loop points to assure the continuity of playback of the sample.
REAL-TIME AUDITIONING VIA MIDI KEYBOARD:
· you can listen and play sounds before you will make a final conversion by using new module DirectX Synthesizer, - this works with all audio cards and it only requires DirectX 8.0 or higher, The low latency let's you play sounds in live (16-bit/44.1kHz quality and 64 voices supported).
· it is also possible to hear the result after patch editing in the Patch Editor tool.
· Sound Blaster card users can use the second way of auditioning by using Sound Blaster Synthesizer. It immediately connects ExSC with the Wavetable synthesizer of the card. After choosing a patch, it will be loaded to the synthesizer of the card and you can immediately audition patches before conversion. If any patch is edited, it is possible to hear how it sounds. Also, it's possible, to hear final sounds like SoundFonts. In such case the conversion to SoundFont format is executed on the fly.
· the editor allows you to edit many parameters: AHDSR envelopes, Filters, LFO's and others. It is now possible to improve or modify the desired timbre.
· the editor checks for the proper range of parameters to ensure compatibility with specific formats.
· working with the editor is extremely quick and makes it possible to edit parameter (e.g. Filter, CutOff ) for selected parts of the keyboard, and of chosen dynamic ranges without having to arduously toy with layers and zones as with other editors.
· this tool allows copies to be made of media like ZIP, MO or CD to one image file on the disk as well as reproducing the data from one media to another depending on their size.
· hardware sampler users can make copies of ZIP or MO on CD. The CD's can then be used instead of slower ZIP or MO drives
· the virtual disk (the image) is stored in compatible format with Nero or ISO9660 used by the most CD recorders.
· supported image formats: Nero, ISO, BIN, IMG.
CONVERTING AND READING SOUNDS (FILES) IN DIFFERENT FORMATS:
· thanks to the advanced algorithms and sound conversion techniques used in ExSC, I can bravely say this program will make it easy to convert samples to another format with the most exact translation.
· close attention was given to the most important parameters of the program having effect on the final sound. There are different types of envelope curves, filters and complex modulators.
· special attention was given to the method of transfer from dimensions of GigaSampler into SoundFont layers and vice versa.
PROGRAM STRUCTURE BROWSER AND VIEWER:
· by taking advantage of the program's intuitive presentation, the most important information about the sample structure ( i.e. layers, zones, etc.) can be obtained. Also, the sample and it's components are presented in a clear manner.
· if you look through programs on an Akai CD, you can see how these parameters looked originally.
· the program reads only those parts of data which are required to be seen. It's a very fast method for browsing very large banks of GM or Akai data.
SOUND FILES BROWSER:
· this version supports not only basic audio formats as WAV or AIFF, but also compressed files using the Ogg Vorbis high-end technology. Decompression of the files is incredibly fast.
· audio files are kept in RAM memory. The playback of the file, as well as visualization, is done without disturbances from the disk system.
· the program uses a modern floating-point format ( IEEE 32-bit and 64-bit), making it possible to playback even on standard 16-bit multimedia sound cards.
· In the case of audio files, Exsc also will display and playback loops. Such options are surely not found on non-media players, so I assume that ExSC can possibly be used as a professional file player.
· you can choose between different standards (MME or Direct Sound). Of course with Direct Sound you can use low latency and between selection of the samples there are no clicks.
· retrieving files in the chosen format is not forgotten.
· it's possible to search for files in any directory, disk or CD. With this tool, nested directories on the disk can be scanned.
· batch conversions are possible, finding all files on your disk, marking them all, or selecting and converting them into another format.
· If you plan to use DirectX playback or the DirectX synthesizer, DirectX V8.0 or higher need to be installed.
· When using Windows 95/98/ME, you need to install ASPI-drivers if you need ExSC to access CD-ROM, ZIP-drives or MO-drives.
· Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to read PDF documentation.
· At least 7MB disk space for the program and additional files,
· The ExSC program needs about 20MB RAM, during conversion process memory is allocated dynamically and depends from used format's translation so it can use even 100 MB of RAM,
· Graphics card supporting at least 16-bit colors,
· Sound card for auditioning the samples with MME or Direct Sound drivers,
· if you own an APS, Sound blaster Live! or Audigy card, you can use the built-in SoundFont synthesizer to audition presets in real-time via external MIDI keyboard).
· A short noise burst every few seconds added
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: Repeat Sample [R] in Hardware Converter. Allows to repeat sample recording in case of clipping, distortion or to take second variant of sound. To use this function click on a button or press shortcut [R].
· Added: Next Sample [N] in Hardware Converter. Allows to stop sample recording and take the next sample, helpful with recording of patches with different sample length or when samples are continuosly looped. To use this function click on a button or press shortcut [N].
· Added: Disable Plugin Delay Compensation option in Hardware/VSTi Converter. Useful for plugins which incorrectly compensate its delay.
· Added: Auto Trim and Auto Trim Post Record functions in Hardware/VSTi Converter menu, used to remove unwated silence at the end of sample or to automatically stop recording. Threshold is calculated automatically by the first 5 second interval before sampling is started.
· Changed: Opening *.zon file does not send automatically Bank Select and Program Change.
· Fixed: C...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Extreme Sample Converter 188.8.131.521 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |
|Go to top|