Softpedia Editor's Review for FLV to MP3 Converter
Convert Flash videos to MP3 format
Written by Elena Opris on November 6th, 2012
FLV to MP3 Converter is an application with a pretty self-explanatory name - it allows you to extract the audio stream of FLVs and save it to the MP3 format but also to WAV.
The tool is wrapped in a clean and intuitive interface where you can import items by using either the file browser, tree view or "drag and drop" function. Processing multiple entries at the same time is possible.
So, you can find out the initial name, format, location, duration and status of each video. After establishing the output directory and file type, you can proceed with the conversion procedure with the default settings.
But you can make audio modifications when it comes to the sample rate, channel mode and bit rate. Unfortunately, you cannot create output profiles or restore settings to their standard values.
Furthermore, you can set FLV to MP3 Converter to use the source folder for the output directory, open the destination folder after conversion and to prompt before overwriting files. Additionally, you can view file properties, as well as remove an entry from the file list or clear the entire queue.
The audio extraction program runs on a low amount of CPU and system memory. It converts a video in short time and is very responsive. There's also a help file that you can look into. The output audio tracks have a good sound quality. FLV to MP3 Converter did not freeze, crash or display error dialogs during our tests.
On the downside, you cannot preview files in a built-in media player, set FLV to MP3 Converter to automatically turn off the computer after conversion or customize the number of CPU to be used.
FLV to MP3 Converter description
Here are some key features of "FLV to MP3 Converter":
Setting output audio parameters:
· Detailed audio settings are provided by this FLV to MP3 Converter for you to adjust, such as Audio Channels, Sample Rate, Bitrate, etc.
· FLV to MP3 Converter provides you with the highest conversion speed and a user-friendly interface.
· Convert more in less time by converting them in batches - without slowing your computer down!
Drag and Drop support:
· You can convert files or folders by dropping them onto the software's desktop icon or main window.
· Right click a file, folder or a group of files and select "Convert FLV to MP3..." menu item to start the conversion process from Windows Explorer.
· 800MHz Intel or AMD CPU
· 512MB RAM or more
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed serious bug with temporary files