Softpedia Editor's Review for Freemake Audio Converter
Audio Converter to MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, OGG.
Written by Elena Opris on May 24th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Freemake Audio Converter
Freemake Audio Converter is a software that you can use to encode audio tracks between multiple formats, including WMA, WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A and OGG.
The interface of the application is simplistic, attractive, clean and intuitive. Audio tracks can be imported into the queue via the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the list you can check out the name, source format, duration, settings and size of each track.
Once you specify the output extension and destination, you can proceed with the conversion process.
In addition, you can modify audio preferences when it comes to the channels, sample frequency rate and bit rate. Plus, you can use an existing preset or create your own one.
On top of that, you can extract audio from video files, rename tracks, set the path to the temporary folder, change the interface language, merge files, and more.
The audio conversion program takes up a pretty high amount of system resources, quickly finishes an encoding job and manages to keep a very good sound quality in the output files. There's also an online guide with video tutorials that you can check out.
The bottom line is that Freemake Audio Converter is an excellent tool for encoding audio files and we highly recommend it to all users, whether we're talking about rookies or experienced individuals.
Freemake Audio Converter description
Here are some key features of "Freemake Audio Converter":
· Convert audio to MP3, M4A, WMA, WAV, AAC
· Convert audio between all key audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, OGG. Convert WMA to MP3, WAV to MP3, MP3 to WAV, FLAC to MP3, AAC to MP3, etc.
Free MP3 Converter:
· Use Freemake as Free MP3 Converter: convert audio to MP3 format for MP3 playes: iPod, Zune, Coby, SanDisc Sansa, iRiver, Walkman, Archos, GoGear, etc.
· Convert audio to iPod, iPhone, iPad
· Convert audio to M4A format for Apple devices. Get smaller than MP3 audio files for playback on iPod, iPhone, iPad or in iTunes.
MP3 to iTunes:
· Send MP3 and AAC files directly to iTunes from our audio converter
Join audio files:
· Merge multiple audio files into one with Free Audio Converter from Freemake.
Extract audio from video:
· Export audio tracks from video files: DVD, H.264, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MKV, DIVX, MOV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, RM, QT, FLV, etc
· .NET Framework 4.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the localization to Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (Facemoods toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system