Softpedia Editor's Review for MIDI MP3 Converter
Convert MIDI files to a wide range of other formats
Written by Elena Opris on November 3rd, 2012
MIDI MP3 Converter is an application with a pretty suggestive name - it allows you to turn Midi files into MP3s. But it can also convert audio tracks to WAV, OGG, WMA, FLAC and others.
The interface of the tool is based on a standard window where you can add items to the list by using either the file browser or "drag and drop" functionality. It is possible to process multiple tracks in batch mode.
In the file queue you can find out the name, length, size, status, audio information and output location of each audio file. If you do not want to change the default settings, then you can proceed with the conversion task by simply establishing the output directory and format.
Otherwise, you can make audio modifications when it comes to the sample rate, bit rate (variable bit rate is among the choices), quality, channel mode, bits per sample. But you can also select the conversion quality between HiFi, CD, FM, AM and telephone.
In the "Settings" area you can specify the default output directory, as well as set MIDI MP3 Converter to keep the audio tags, prompt before overwriting existing files and to open the output directory after conversion. Plus, you can preview tracks in a built-in audio player.
The audio conversion program needs a low-to-moderate amount of system resources to complete a task in a short time. It is very responsive and includes a help file. The output audio tracks have a good sound quality. However, the interface needs some improvements and you cannot set the thread priority or minimize MIDI MP3 Converter to the system tray.
MIDI MP3 Converter description
Here are some key features of "MIDI MP3 Converter":
· Supported formats to convert from: MIDI/MID, RMI, KAR
· Supported formats to convert to: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC, APE, MPC, VOX
· Able to adjust Tempo, Recording Level for conversion and preview the results with build-in MIDI player before conversion.
· Supports Batch Conversion, as well as Folder Conversion.
· Supports different Soundfonts.
· Pre-defined output qualities to set and manage the parameters for conversion easily and quickly.
· Support drag & drop audio files directly.
· Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
· 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
· 20 MB hard drive space
· Sound Card (optional)
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the core audio converting engine.