Softpedia Editor's Review for MP3 Audio Converter
Easily convert your audio tracks to other formats
Written by Elena Opris on April 12th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for MP3 Audio Converter
MP3 Audio Converter is a program designed to help you encode audio tracks between various formats, including WAV, OGG, WMA, MP3 and FLAC.
The tool comes with a standard and user-friendly interface in which you can import audio tracks via the file browser or "drag and drop" method. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the name, length, size, status and audio information of each file.
So, all you have to do is set the output destination and extension, in order to initiate the conversion process.
But you can also select the conversion quality preset (HiFi, CD, FM radio, AM radio or telephone quality) and configure settings when it comes to the sample frequency rate, bit rate, channel, bits per sample, VBR and others.
Furthermore, you can enable MP3 Audio Converter to keep audio tags, normalize audio data and convert songs to the same folder as the original files, as well as create a new output preset.
In "Settings" you can specify the default directory of source files to convert, enable MP3 Audio Converter to display a “conversion completed” window or to open the converted audio files' output folder when the task is done, and more.
The tool takes up a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, includes a step-by-step guide with snapshots and is very fast regarding conversion. The sound is maintained at a very good quality.
On the other hand, MP3 Audio Converter doesn't necessarily provide the user with anything more than a straightforward audio conversion process. Nevertheless, we recommend it to all individuals who prefer a simple tool.
MP3 Audio Converter description
Here are some key features of "MP3 Audio Converter":
· Convert MP3 to WMA/WAV/FLAC
· Convert WMA to MP3/WAV/FLAC
· Convert WAV to MP3/WMA/FLAC
· Convert M4A, MP4, AAC to MP3/WMA/WAV
· Convert MPA, ASF, OGG to MP3/WMA/WAV
· Convert AIFF, FLAC, APE, MAC, MPC, MP+, MPP to MP3/WMA/WAV
· Convert MP3, MPA, WAV, OGG, WMA, ASF, M4A, MP4, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, APE, MAC, MPC, MP+, MPP to OGG/VOX/APE/MPC
· Convert to WAV with different audio codecs: PCM, ADPCM, U-Law, A-Law
· Convert MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG to same format but with different encoding parameters
· Batch & Folder Conversion
· Conversion Quality Management
· Built-in Audio Player
· Support Drag & Drop
· Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
· 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
· 10 MB hard drive space
· Sound Card (optional)
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the core audio converting engine.
· Audio Converter: Support ADX format (*.adx), AIX format (*.aix)