Softpedia Editor's Review for xrecode II
This application will help you convert you favorite audio files
Written by Elena Opris on February 13th, 2012
XRECODE II is a software that enables you to encode media files of various formats (including AVI, FLV, 3GP, ASF, FLAC, MP3 and WAV) to other extensions (e.g. FLAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, AIFF).
The user interface of the program is standard. It may seem a bit confusing at first but XRECODE II is actually very easy to navigate through.
You can get started by importing media via the file browser or by using the "drag and drop" method (batch processing is supported).
In the queue you can view various information about the tracks, including their source format, codec, duration, track gain, output file name, and more.
So, you can specify the output destination and format, and initiate the conversion process.
But you can also configure input file settings (e.g. move original files to Recycle Bin, rename originals when replacing source files, enable normalization) and format options (e.g. compression, enable to create CUEs and playlists, bitrate, sample frequency rate, channels).
Furthermore, you can edit file metadata (e.g. track, title, artist, album, comment, genre), preview files in a built-in media player, save and load profiles, grab CDs, and change additional output settings (e.g. set file name tags for CDs, CUEs and playlists).
In addition, you can change the interface language, use keyboard shortcuts, set the tool to highlight files on success, cancel or error, process CUE files only, disable CD autoplay, automatically check for updates, set CPU priority, enable shell integration, and more.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources and quickly finishes a task. It hasn't popped up any errors during our tests and the sound quality in the output files is very good.
However, there is no help file available (and XRECODE II comes with some pretty advanced features), and you are required to separately install third-party components in order to access all the program's functions. Nevertheless, XRECODE II is a very good application for converting media and we recommend it to all users.
xrecode II description
Here are some key features of "xrecode II":
· M4A to WMA, M4A to OGG, M4A to WAV, M4A to FLAC, M4A to APE, M4A to AAC, M4A to AC3, M4A to Wavpack
· MP3 to WMA, MP3 to OGG, MP3 to WAV, MP3 to FLAC, MP3 to APE, MP3 to AAC, MP3 to AC3, MP3 to Wavpack
· WMA to MP3, WMA to OGG, WMA to WAV, WMA to FLAC, WMA to APE, WMA to AAC, WMA to AC3, WMA to Wavpack
· OGG to MP3, OGG to WMA, OGG to WAV, OGG to FLAC, OGG to APE, OGG to AAC, OGG to AC3, OGG to Wavpack
· WAV to MP3, WAV to WMA, WAV to OGG, WAV to FLAC, WAV to APE, WAV to AAC, WAV to AC3, WAV to Wavpack
· FLAC to MP3, FLAC to WMA, FLAC to OGG, FLAC to WAV, FLAC to APE, FLAC to AAC, FLAC to AC3, FLAC to Wavpack
· APE to MP3, APE to WMA, APE to OGG, APE to WAV, APE to FLAC, APE to AAC, APE to AC3, APE to Wavpack
· MPC to MP3, MPC to WMA, MPC to OGG, MPC to WAV, MPC to FLAC, MPC to AAC, MPC to AC3, MPC to Wavpack
· RA to WMA, RA to OGG, RA to WAV, RA to FLAC, RA to APE, RA to AAC, RA to AC3, RA to Wavpack
· Wavpack to MP3, Wavpack to WMA, Wavpack to OGG, Wavpack to WAV, Wavpack to FLAC, WavPack to AAC, WavPack to AC3, Wavpack to APE
· Big WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, WavPack files to small ones using CUE file
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW: added option to specify command line parameters for LossyWav.
· FIX: fixed issue when some mp3 files were not recognized when merging.
· FIX: fixed issue with Metadata in some aiff files.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that xrecode II 184.108.40.206 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |