Softpedia Editor's Review for Free Audio Recorder
A straightforward sound recorder
Written by Bogdan Popa on April 23rd, 2012
Recording the sound that goes through your audio card isn’t at all a difficult task, but Free Audio Recorder promises to make everything a lot easier, even for those with no advanced computer knowledge.
And at the first glance the program is indeed relying on a very intuitive approach, with a clean and tabbed layout for instant access to all of its features.
While the first tab is designed for logging purposes, helping advanced users determine the cause of certain problems, the second one gives you the power to select the device used for recording. With support for microphones and any other audio device connected to your system, Free Audio Recorder also lets you adjust volume, left and right balance.
Free Audio Recorder saves the recording in MP3, WMA, OGG or WAV format and, what’s more, it boasts several customizable parameters concerning the output file, including channel, bit resolution and sampling frequency.
You can stop the recording manually or after a specific period of time, but what’s more important is that Free Audio Recorder lets you control many of its features through keyboard shortcuts.
On the down side, Free Audio Recorder doesn’t allow the user to configure the shortcuts, so if you really want to use them, you have no other option than to check the help manual and find out their purpose.
To put it simple, Free Audio Recorder is a handy piece of software that only needs some minor improvements to become a powerful top product. It works like a charm on all Windows versions and doesn’t affect system performance at all.
Free Audio Recorder description
Here are some key features of "Free Audio Recorder":
· CD quality audio recording.
· Extremely resource friendly, CPU usage is below 1% on some new computers.
· It uses latest Lame MP3 encoder
· On-the-fly recording, no temporary file generated.
· Intuitive output file management.
· Diagnose and print detailed sound device info.
Supports majority of modern sound cards:
· multi channel/professional/external USB sound cards.
· Supports several sound cards on the same system.
· All events are logged for future diagnosis.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Uptodate encoder: Lame 3.98.4, libOgg 1.2.0, libVorbis 1.3.1.
· Fixed a MP3 encoding bug.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to install RelevantKnowledge that the program does not require to fully function