Softpedia Editor's Review for MAGIX Music Maker Premium
Create your own songs - without any technical know-how!
Written by Mihaela Citea on January 31st, 2013
Designed for both beginners and professional users, MAGIX Music Maker Premium is a full-featured application that provides music producers with all the necessary tools for creating their own tracks. Realistic instruments, together with the advanced editing capabilities allow them to transform a simple song into a real hit.
The program comes with a wide and variate collection of sounds, loops, samples and templates from every music genre that can be combined in order to create great mixes. If that is not enough, you can import other songs from CDs or from your computer and use them in your project.
The included virtual instruments (drum sounds, orchestra string ensemble, percussion sounds, bass sounds and lines) can be seamlessly integrated into your productions, while the sample player provides unlimited sound editing possibilities.
Using the built-in mixer together with the high-quality, enriching audio effects (equalizer, reverb, delay, pitch and tempo) allows you to experiment with tones and the built-in synthesizers are guaranteed to deliver high-quality sounds.
MAGIX Music Maker Premium also comes with an audio recorder and a text-to-speech tool, enabling you to add a personal touch to your music. Tempo and pitch customization, audio peak meter tool, sound extraction from videos, MIDI synchronization and editing and audio plugin support are other features that the application comes with.
In order to protect your work, the program creates project backups periodically. Also, it features advanced search functions, customizable shortcut keys and a simplified interface, where only the important areas are displayed.
Once your song is ready, you can export it to MP3 format, burn it to a CD or publish it online on Twitter or Facebook.
All in all, MAGIX Music Maker Premium comprises a set of features that music aficionados can use to unleash their creativity and enjoy the full studio experience at home.
MAGIX Music Maker Premium description
Here are some key features of "MAGIX Music Maker Premium":
· NEW! More than 5,500 sounds & loops
· NEW! Lead Synth: A top class analog synthesizer
· NEW! Drum Engine: Awesome drums
· NEW! Century Guitars: Ultra-authentic guitar sounds
· NEW! Electric Bass: A serious foundation for your bass
· NEW! Loop Designer: Remix loops intuitively
· NEW! Facebook upload: Share your own songs on Facebook
· Music Maker provides 64 tracks (96 in the Premium version) for multimedia arrangements – enough space to create multiple polyphonic pieces, but most importantly, so that you don't lose track of your project at any point
· The multimedia library provides audio and video building blocks ("samples") for combining on the arranger tracks. Loads of melodies, effect templates, and graphical animations also come supplied for you to use in new songs & video clips
· BeatBox 2, the new groove synthesizer, lets you make great beats with ease. It can be accessed in the Media Pool via the "Synthesizers" button. Easy mode must be switched off to access it
· MAGIX Music Maker provides lots of different audio effects. A few examples - You can correct tempo and pitch in real time using "Resampling" "Timestretching" or "Pitchshifting"
· The "Audio Effect Rack" supplies "Reverb", "Echo", "Equalizer"
· "Compressor", "Time Processor", "Distortion", "Filter", and many classic effects with which almost every sound can be made. MAGIX Music Maker provides these sounds in amazingly high quality. The reverb effect, for example, provides lots of realistic reverb algorithms to add depth and spaciousness to your material. Design your "Favorite reverb" using the many
· presets as a base with their various reverb rooms which were designed for specific instruments and applications
· The "Gater" enables rhythmic splitting of surface sounds
· The "Vintage Effects Suite" covers "good old" guitar effects that were activated using a foot pedal in Jimi Hendrix's era: more warmth and fullness with "Chorus", jet-like special effects with the "Flanger" or ping-pong effects like "Delay". The filter enables beat-matched frequency filtering, the "BitMachine"
· is a distorting Lo-Fi effect for those who like it a bit rougher
· Find your recordings, sounds, pictures, and videos quicker and faster with the MAGIX media database. An existing MAGIX database from the MAGIX Photo Manager or MAGIX Media Manager is integrated in the Media Pool and can be updated directly from MAGIX Music Maker. Use the simple search function to find suitable pictures or MP3 files for your arrangement
Audio CD support:
· Audio CDs can be imported directly into MAGIX Music Maker. Just insert them into the drive and press "CD/DVD". All tracks can then be dragged into the arranger and edited with different features or effects. Whether for remixes or as sound material for your own compositions – a new touch will be added to your personal CD collection
· MAGIX Music Maker includes the following synthesizers
· The Drum & Bass machine creates crunching beats and pulsing basslines
· Robota is a complete drum computer with four independent instruments which can be played live. Several faders enable all kinds of sound experimentation
· MAGIX Vita Enhance your arrangement with amazingly realistic natural instruments from Yellow Tools, the sample specialists
· LiViD, our "little virtual drummer", provides realistic acoustic drum tracks. Just a few instructions are enough for "LiviD" to play a complete drum track with introduction, chorus, bridge, fill-ins, etc
· BeatBox 2, the new groove synthesizer, lets you make great beats with ease It can be accessed in the Media Pool via the "Synthesizers" button. Easy mode must be switched off to access it
· Vita Solo Instruments for realistic instrument sounds
· Atmos for nature sounds or atmospheres like rain, thunder, or wind
High-end 32-bit floating point:
· All sound changes are executed using 32-bit floating point calculation for especially differentiated and high-quality sounds. This technology is also used in professional studios. This way, an audio picture with especially high dynamics can be created. Digital overmodulation and clipping become virtually
· Use this recording function from MAGIX Music Maker 17 to record vocals noises, or instruments and integrate them into the arrangement
· MAGIX Music Maker helps you arrange, load, record, edit, and play MIDI data just as easily as audio data. You can combine wave sound files with MIDI files for controlling the sound chip on your sound card or VST instrument plug-ins or external synthesizers, and then arrange everything together
· For MIDI recordings and editing you can use the extensive MIDI editor with piano roll, drum editor, velocity/controller editor, and event list
· MIDI object recording can be started directly from the arranger by setting the recording mode in the track box to MIDI
· MAGIX Music Maker includes a professional real-time mixer with effects rack and two insert effects for each channel, two additional effect tracks, two insert effects for the master as well as additional mastering effects. The mixer's size can be adjusted so that more than eight tracks fit on the screen at a time
· You can also group a number of faders of a specific type (for example, volume or panorama) and use them all together
· The Harmony Agent provides harmony recognition automatically and determines the key and chord of any music title. See the guitar tablature of your favorite song in real time for the arrangement
Formats and interfaces:
· Import: WAV, MP3, OGG Vorbis, WMA, QuickTime, MIDI, CD-A, BMP, JPG, AVI, MXV, WMV, FLAC
· Export: WAV, MP3, OGG Vorbis, WMA, AVI, MAGIX Video, QuickTime, WMV
· Real Media Helix, BMP, JPG (all via menu "File > Export arrangement"), MIDI, FLAC
· Interfaces: DirectX, VSTi, and ReWire (host) support (Premium version only one instrument per track), ASIO
· The Song Maker lets you create new arrangements quickly and easily and complement existing arrangements by automating the complicated steps such as sample selection and combination. The Song Maker takes over arranging whole sections such as intro and refrain. Therefore, you do not have to do everything yourself – you can omit the arranging and process your selection from the suggestions
· The new Easy mode makes creating radio-ready hits possible even for beginners – no time is required for breaking in, and no previous knowledge is necessary! Extended functions for advanced users, which are confusing to beginners, are hidden. Easy mode can be switched on and off via the buttons to the top left
· Thanks to the new info box, all important functions can be easily understood as they are applied. Just hold the mouse over a button that you would like to learn about and read the info text in the preview monitor
· While the virtual instruments and sounds are played on the available tracks, a new track can be recorded simultaneously in realtime. What's more, you can also add realtime effects
· SoundVision is a new way of visualizing music which shows audio material at a glance in the form of a musical galaxy. Similar sounds are clustered close together; different sounds are organized further apart. SoundVision can be activated in the Media Pool via the corresponding button. Easy mode must be switched off to access it
Internet upload to many platforms:
· When the song is finished, it should be heard not just by your friends, but preferably the whole world. This is achieved, naturally, with the help of the web. Under "File > Export > Community upload" you will find the most impotant communities, where you can upload your songs. This way, your
· music can soon be heard on YouTube, MySpace, Soundcloud or DJTunes
Additional audio effects:
· "Elastic Audio" for total control over vocals. Voice samples or melodies you sing yourself can be "tuned" to match automatically. With the "Harmonizer" in the Elastic Audio Editor, you can add a suitable second vocal or a whole choir to a specified melody.
· The "Vocoder" produces vocal and robot sounds that have been altered mechanically.
· The "MAGIX Mastering Suite" with important mastering effects.
· The Premium version includes additional styles in genres like MovieScore, Minimal Electro, Hardstyle, Ambient and 60s Soul.
· Additional Vital Instruments, Grand Piano, Soundtrack Percussions 2, Electric Guitar
· The Premium edition has 96 tracks (instead of 64) – even more space for your most complex arrangements.
Object and track curve automation:
· Effect and volume progressions can be controlled using freely drawable curves for individual objects as well as for complete tracks. In addition, you can fade in or out an echo at a specific position in the song by drawing in a curve peak at the corresponding position.
· In addition to audio recording, MAGIX Music Maker Premium provides a recording function for video from analog video sources for your own video clips.
DirectX and VST plug-ins:
· MAGIX Music Maker 17 Premium enables the direct use of DirectX and VST plug-ins, a large variety of which is available in retail stores or directly online.
· Such plug-ins (audio effects or synthesizers from third party manufacturers) can significantly increase the functionality of MAGIX Music Maker Premium.
MAGIX Mastering Suite 2.0:
· Impressive studio sound just like you hear on store-bought CDs! MAGIX Mastering Suite is a special effects rack for use with the mixer master channel. The included effects help you with so-called "mastering"; put the final touch on your completed and mixed music piece using parametric equalizers, MultiMax, limiter, and stereo enhancers.
· MAGIX Music Maker Premium provides real 5.1 Surround Sound. 5.1 Surround is the preferred home cinema sound format which is also supported when importing, editing, and exporting your work. The 5.1 Surround Editor enables you to move your music around the room. The finished 5.1 arrangement can even be exported in the new MP3 surround format developed by the Fraunhofer Institute, the inventors of MP3).
MAGIX Music Editor:
· Detailed audio editing in realtime and specialist for CD burning, sound restoration, sampling and audio editing.
· Revolta 2 is a powerful-sounding, varied 12-voice analog synthesizer with highly advanced functions, sound matrix, noise generator, and a complete effects section featuring nine effect types.
· This synthesizer can create any electronic music you can imagine. The sound presets were created by sound designers for Access Virus and Rob Papens Albino, which makes Revolta 2 the number 1 choice for beginners and professionals alike.
BeatBox 2 plus:
· The ultimate groove tool with even more drum kits, automations, and an integrated powerful effects section can be accessed via the "Synthesizers" button in the Media Pool. Revolta 2 is an analog, varied and powerful-sounding, 12-voice synthesizer with highly advanced functions, sound matrix, noise generator, and a complete effect section with nine effect types.
· This analog vintage compressor produces an especially warm, pumping sound. Launch it via the effects menu for selected audio objects.
· This feature makes it possible to write songs with a friend – simply connect two PCs via MIDI and jam together!
MIDI step recording:
· Provided for composers unsure of their keyboard playing skills who want to play perfect melodies. The MIDI editor can be opened by double clicking on a MIDI object.
· This function allows you to embed MAGIX Music Maker Premium
· in other music programs.
· Processor: 2 GHz or higher
· RAM: 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
· Graphics card: Onboard graphics card with a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
· Sound card: Internal sound card
· Hard disk memory: 6 GB free disk space for program installation
· Optical drive: DVD drive (only for installation of the box version)
· 7 days trial (can be extended to 30 days)
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The latest sound archive with loads of loops & samples - Vita Solo instruments - realistic instruments for your own songs - Music creation software with even more Vita Solo instruments - Loop Designer - The perfect tool for sound design and mastering - Fully-equipped thanks to useful tools
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (MAGIX Ask Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function