Softpedia Editor's Review for DJ Studio Pro
A complete DJ system. Convert, grab, edit, play, burn CDs
Written by Sorin Cirneala on February 15th, 2013
DJ Studio Pro is a reliable application that allows you to play music and to mix songs with minimum effort. The program is designed for professional DJ's but is also available for home users who want to entertain their friends.
In order to use the application you need to organize your audio files in the media library. You can create playlists or use the preset favorites and requests lists in order to quickly access the files that you want to play.
The interface provides you with quick access to the songs that you want to add to the queue on the twin DJ decks. The program includes a variety of sound effects that can be played with a single click in order to entertain the audience.
The Sound Plate is a new method of controlling the effects used while playing the songs. You can add scratch effects, change the speed and adjust the pitch by using the mouse cursor.
Besides the DJ controls, the DJ Studio also includes a suite of tools for editing and modifying your audio files. For instance, you can convert your music collection to MP3, MP4 or WMA files with just a few clicks.
If you need to change the ID3 tag of a certain song, the ID3 Editor can help you. It can also search for lyrics for a certain song and store them in the database. Other included tools can assist you when you need to adjust the sound level, split or join multiple audio files.
In our tests, the program required insignificant resources and had no impact on the computer performance. The app layout can take some time to get used to, but the detailed documentation can help you learn the basic features in no time.
Overall, DJ Studio Pro succeeds in providing you with the tools required for managing and mixing your song collection.
DJ Studio Pro description
Here are some key features of "DJ Studio Pro":
· Plays all file types - Twin deck mixer player.
· Sound clips can be played over current song or when fading between songs.
· Over 100 free sound clips can be downloaded from our download page.
· Manual & automatic variable speed fading between decks - Adjust speed without changing pitch.
· Offset & Effect play buttons - Fade stop and fade down buttons. Create offset play points for each song.
· Playing CD's - you can play tracks directly from CD, the track loads to memory in seconds, you can then remove the CD and insert another CD, the track will play to the end.
· Remove vocals when playing CDG MPX Karaoke CD's.
· Database with fast search & queue.
· Beat matching system. Create beat match offset play points for each song.
· Shows lyrics contained within audio files. (Add lyrics to audio files using the included lyrics editor).
· Plays all file types including MP3, WMA, M4A , AAC , MP4, OGG, and CD
· CD tracks quickly loaded into memory so another CD can be inserted without interrupting play.
· Supports M3U, WPL and PLS play lists.
· Adjustable Pre-Amp for improved sound
· CD track titles and album cover artwork retrieved automatically using the free CDDB service, and internet connection.
· 20MB disk space
· Sound card
· First 5 CD tracks ripping limit
· 80% file conversion limit
· Burn CD feature is disabled
· Nag screen on close
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now includes around 300 sound effects, music loops and rhythm loops