Create thousands and thousands of realistic drum performances, each one editable down to the last hit
Unlike most other drum modules, which either provide static MIDI patterns or an engine that combines pre-recorded MIDI patterns, Jamstix features a state-of-the-art realtime simulation of a human drummer down to the calculation of the time it takes a drummer to move an arm from drum A to drum B.
This means that arrangements created with Jamstix are always humanly playable (no ten-armed drummers!) and also always unique and varied since they are created based on rules and not static patterns.
When Jamstix 1 was released in March of 2005, it was quickly praised for its new and innovative approach and we have spent the last two years providing many free updates for it that have expanded its capabilities tremendously. However, we also realized that we needed a new interface and a new workflow to take Jamstix to the next level and to enable further expansion into hand percussion and other simulations down the road.
The result of this research is Jamstix 2, which is a near-complete rewrite of the original Jamstix. It boasts an easier-to-use interface, in-depth style and drummer modeling and many enhancements.
Jamstix is arguably the most powerful and flexible drummer simulation on the market today.
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional, whether you are in need of a jamming partner or a drum arrangement tool, a student wanting to learn more about drumming style or a songwriter needing to create a complex and unique drum track quickly, whether you have no drum module at all or have every high-end drum library on the market and wish to get the most realistic grooves out of them, Jamstix 2 is the answer to all of it.
- VSTi 2.3 Plugin
- MIDI input/MIDI output
- 4-17 stereo audio outputs
- 18-part song arranger with unlimited bars, synched to host song position, tempo and
- time signature
- high-quality drum sample player with controllable ambience, supports existing Jamstix
- 1 kits and expansion Paks
- VSTi subhost for integration of 3rd party drum plugins
- built-in mixer with 3-band EQs and compressors
- state-of-the-art virtual drummer capable of producing realistic drum performances
- from scratch (not using preset MIDI patterns) with in-depth style and drummer
- modeling, groove processing, advanced limb control and a flexible fill generator
- limb-centric step sequencer allows manual adjustment of generated grooves and fills
- or creating them from scratch as well as importing existing MIDI patterns, MIDI fills
- and Jamstix 1 patterns and fills.
- extensive MIDI controller mapping
- supported sample rates: 44.1-96kHz
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- added 64-bit AAX format, RTAS no longer supported
- implemented MIDI drag-&-drop to host:
- CTRL-Drag song name->song export