Softpedia Editor's Review for Organ
An emulation software that produces perfectly accurate organ sounds
Written by Sorin Cirneala on February 15th, 2013
Organ is a VST plug-in that allows you to recreate the sounds of the Hammond B3 organ on your computer. This virtual instrument also provides you with two additional electronic organs (Vox ad Farfisa) that you can use in your projects.
Hammond B3 is a well-known instrument that is widely used in jazz, blues, gospel and other music styles. This software emulation aims to provide you with the same high quality sound and tuning options as the original.
The main window of the application replicates the organ and adds a sidepanel for quickly accessing the percussion, vibrato and volume options. It also allows you to control the dual-effects processor and the tonewheel.
This tool is designed to behave as a real drawbar organ by changing the overall output when playing notes in a high keyboard range. This facilitates the realism of the playback but can also be deactivated from the Settings tab.
You can save the organ configuration to a preset and load it at a later date. This enables you to quickly adapt the generated sounds to the project that you are working on at the moment.
The available effects include the Rotary setting that replicates the sound generated by the Leslie Speaker Cabinet that usually accompanied the B3 organ. You can also use reverberation, echoes and create the impression of multiple instruments by using the Chorus effect.
If you want to experiment with different sounds, the Organ allows you to use microtuning files. The package includes several TUN files that modify the pitch and midi note in order to explore other musical possibilities.
Here are some key features of "Organ":
· Authentic emulation of many classic organs and the rotary speaker
· Each emulated aspect is individually switchable or adjustable
· 3 manuals, individually adjustable and playable on separate MIDI channels or in split or layer mode
· Dual effects section with fully syncable rotary, reverb, delay and chorus, and new: Gator and LoFi crusher.
· 64 voice polyphonic (CPU dependent)
· Individually adjustable Percussion for upper and lower manual
· Adjustable Keyclick and Motor noise from off to authentic or even up to overemphasized
· Controller hardware (faderbox or synth) can be used to control the LinPlug Organ 3 parameters
· Switchable Portamento / Glide
· Adjustable age from factory new to trashy
· Spread (Unison) for each manual
· ADSR envelope for each manual
· Microtuning support (TUN files) for different scales
· Including 11 alternative tonewheels
· Fully recognized velocity, adjustable pitch bend
· Rotary simulation with full sync to song tempo (even tempo changes can be synced)
· Sample accurate timing
· Full parameter automation
· Settings are saved with your song
· A VST2 capable host software
· Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
· 300 MHz processor
· 256 MB RAM
· Screen resolution of 1280 x 960 or better
· PC: 1 GHz processor
· 512 MB RAM
· Demo version emits a noise about once every minute.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed preset restore problem upon song restore in some hosts.