Podium Free is an application that you can use to edit audio tracks and create song mixes. Each project that you create can contain an unlimited number of arrangements and also a library of preset objects.
The built-in file browser enables you to find the audio tracks easily. The files are organized in a hierarchic tree structure, containing their visual layout, so the editing process is even more easier.
The mixer provides users with easy access to controls and precision metering, while the sequences and sounds can be pasted on tracks. The application comes with multicore and multiprocessor support, so that the plugins performance is maximized.
Note: The free version has some limitations (the MIDI interface setup is limited to one input and one output, the 64-bit mixer engine option, the plugin multiprocessing, ReWire and surround-sound playback are disabled). In order to remove them, download the demo version.
Here are some key features of "Podium Free":
· Object based project structure
· Customizable user interface
· Hierarchic engine
· Advanced recording and editing options
· Edit actions do not interrupt playback
· Audio bounce tracks
· VST plugins support
· MIDI and audio routing of an external device
· Mixer busses
· Multi-channel audio
· 800 MHz CPU
· 512 MB system memory
· Graphics card with 32 MB memory
· Minimum display resolution of 1024x600
· Sound card with ASIO or MME driver (ASIO recommended)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Zoom snapshots can be configured to partially recall horizontal and vertical zoom settings. Each snapshot is configured independently, making it possible to for example set up a group of snapshots for timeline zooming, and another group of snapshots for vertical zooming. The snapshot button right-click menu has four new options for enabling timeline offset, timeline zoom, vertical offset and vertical zoom.
· Zoom snapshot buttons are organized in groups according to their configured options.
· Added "load default snapshots" and "save as default snapshots" commands to the snapshot button right-click menu. Snapshot defaults are saved in the Podium.ini setup file. New arrangements will automatically be set up with the zoom snapshot defaults, including the initial timeline and vertical zoom range.
· The zoom snapshot "+" button right-click menu has four new shortcut commands for adding snapshots with only a single snapshot option enabled.
· The default Podium setup is modified to include a s...