Synthesia is designed to be a fun method to learn to play the piano. Synthesia is by no means an easy method to learn the piano: I have some very basic piano notions myself and I found it extremely difficult.
It could be because I was using a standard computer keyboard to test the game, and not a real music keyboard as recommended by the developer.
On the upside, I especially liked the default song selection the program includes to get you started (they're all popular theme songs from very well-known videogames).
Also, note that you can use just about any MID file with Synthesia, which turns it into pretty much a never-ending musical entertainment.
Here are some key features of "Synthesia":
Play at Your Own Speed:
· In practice mode, Synthesia waits for you to play the correct note before moving on.
Read Sheet Music... or Not:
· Enable musical notation for any song. Or, leave it turned off and just enjoy the falling notes.
Millions of Free Songs:
· Synthesia comes with over 100 songs. The Internet has the rest. Play any MIDI file you can find or create.
Practice Hands Separately:
· Choose what you want to practice. Synthesia will play the rest for you so you can focus on your goal.
· DirectX 9
· Sound card
· Video card with DX9 support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Synthesia 8.5 is a small release containing 21 bug fixes and an easier way to enter Learning Pack keys.