MP3Box is a combined MP3 player and MP3 database, that can be controlled entirely by a keyboard.
It is inteded for home music audio systems.
MP3Box is intended to work as a music station in homes where you don't necessary want a monitor standing on your speakers. But you will need a keyboard if you want to change the playlist.
It uses external libraries, all static linked into MP3Box.
Here are some key features of "MP3Box":
· Keyboard controlled(although you can use the mouse too)
· Fast filtering even with over thousands of mp3 files
· Network streaming MP3Box to MP3Box
· Uses MAD mp3 decoder
· Audio dithering(although I can't hear if it works or not)
· Crossfading between songs at user specified positions
· Play multiple songs simultaneously on different soundcards
· Plays MP3 files and mp3 streams from Shoutcast servers
· Reads ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Reads ID3v2 tags thanks to libid3tag
· Crossfading a litte bit more userfriendly
· Multiple players(Ctrl 1/2)
· Song size is now saved correctly after being played the first time