Cameleon 5000 description
A useful and additive synth, featuring resynthesis and sound morphing
Cameleon 5000 is a useful and additive synth, featuring resynthesis and sound morphing, that excels at pads and evolving textures and comes with a library of over 800 presets. At its heart is the morph square which allows you to morph between four different instruments at once. You can also use the morph timeline to create rythmic loops, evolving soundscapes and pads. Uniquely, Cameleon comes with a range of preset morph timelines, to make creating new sounds even easier.
Cameleon can import sampled sounds (WAV/AIFF) into any of the four voice slots, or you can choose from the extensive range of built in voices. Cameleon has many unique features: it breaks sounds down into both a harmonic and noise component resulting in much higher quality, and greater flexibility. No other additive synth is able to perform multi-sampling resynthesis, which results in much more realistic and expressive sounds.
Cameleon also allows you to import image (BMP) files and turn them into sounds. This offers an extremely powerful way to design never heard before sounds, and if you're ever stuck for inspiration, just try loading up any picture - perhaps a picture of your mum!
Once you have imported a sound, you can then edit it in ways which are impossible with a conventional sampler. You have individual control over each of the harmonics - so you can for example boost all the odd harmonics, or even draw your own harmonic spectra.
Every part of Cameleons interface has been designed with ease of use in mind, and the 'easy' page is just one example. The easy page has simple but powerful controls to quickly shape the sound, including the ability to change the balance of harmonics and noise, add LFOs, or edit the amplitude envelope. You can also use the unique 'stretch' parameter to time stretch sounds in real time without the loss in quality associated with other instruments.
Cameleon has a comprehensive set of effects, including a sweepable formant filter, distortion, compression, chorus, delay and reverb. Cameleon is supplied with over 800 presets, all arranged into categories, such as pads, leads and basses. If you're after instant inspiration, just select the type of sound you require (eg. rythmics) and hit the random button to get an entirely new random rythmic loop, which has never been heard before. Cameleon also comes with a really well written manual including tutorials and tips on getting the best out of it.
Here are some key features of "Cameleon 5000":
· 800+ presets arranged in categories - pads, ambiences, leads, basses and more
· import and morph WAV/AIFF files
· import/export BMP images
· multi-sampling resynthesis for more realistic and expressive instruments
· one-click 'morphing square', to morph between four sounds at a time
· separate control of amplitude envelope, harmonics and noise
· morph timeline with presets, for fast creation of evolving patches
· high quality 'stretch' for increased expression
· complete control over each harmonic
· 128 band noise generator, 64 detunable partials
· sweepable formant filter, distortion, compression, chorus, delay, reverb
· improved noise generator for brighter, crisper sounds
· key tracking for noise generator and filter
· improved reverb
· 200 extra presets included (over 800, 1000+ extra from website)
· improved editing (log scaling, new harmonic/noise profiles, ...)
· Sound is interrupted by one second of silence every thirty seconds.
· Saving is disabled.
· Only a small selection from the sound library is available.
· Stops outputting sound after fifteen minutes.
· Does not require a serial number.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Cameleon 5000 1.60 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |