Softpedia Editor's Review for DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp
Finally experience true high fidelity sound with Winamp
Written by Andreea Matei on January 30th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp
DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp is part of a larger collection of audio plugins from Fxsound. Designed to improve sound quality, the product is issued as a standalone application, as well as an addon for Winamp, J. River Media Center, DivX Player, MusicMatch, MediaMonkey and foobar2000. A special edition for Apple devices is also available.
Regardless of the player you’re using, DFX Audio Enhancer boosts the quality of your favorite soundtracks in a professional, yet user-friendly manner. If Winamp is your media player of choice, seek no further. This plugin will greatly enhance your audio experience, providing HD sound in real-time, while actually listening to songs.
DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp not only brings high fidelity to your local music collection, but it can also be used while playing Internet radio streams. The exquisite selection of controls and effects, together with the integrated presets manage to produce rich and deep sounds that are otherwise accomplishable with expensive stereo hardware.
Installation, as well as usage, is a breeze. Unlike other plugins that you have to locate yourself in Winamp, this one automatically launches when you open the media player. A compact, user-friendly GUI (that can be personalized via the built-in skin collection) hosts all the features you need to make songs sound more natural.
To sum up, controls include Fidelity (eliminates the effects caused by data compression in Internet radio), Ambience (boosts stereo depth), 3D Surround (adds depth and compensates for sonic losses), Dynamic Boost (increases the perceived loudness) and Hyperbass (inserts bass effects). All of these can be adjusted via sliders and the results are noticeable in real time.
You can further enhance the media experience by selecting one of the predefined processing modes: Music Type I (a general control that works for most music types), Music Type 2 (for modern styles such as hip-hop or dance) and Speech (for movies, radio, audio books, etc.). Other genre-specific adjustments can be performed via the generous selection of audio presets.
In conclusion, DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp is an acquisition we highly recommend for both amateurs and professionals. By providing such a rich bouquet of audio contols and effects, it somehow compensates the need to purchase expensive audio hardware.
DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp description
Here are some key features of "DFX Audio Enhancer for Winamp":
· 3D Surround Sound: Immerse yourself inside the music
· Booming HyperBass: Produce deeper, richer bass
· Stereo Ambiance: Renew lost stereo depth and body
· High Fidelity Restoration: Eliminate that “muffled” sound
· Dynamic Audio Boost: Pump up the volume
· Spectrum Analyzer: “See” DFX enhance your sound
· Headphones Optimization: Hear more pleasant, natural sounds with headphones
· Multiple Processing: Modes Optimize sound quality for music, speech and other audio types
· Customizable Audio: Presets Select from many factory-tuned settings or create your own
· Preset to Song Association: Get the perfect sound for each song you play
· 300 MHz processor or faster
· 10 MB free hard disk space
· 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
· Half the enhancement quality
· No music presets
· 3D surround disabled
· Headphone optimization mode disabled
· Nag screen
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Ask Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function