SaltyGrain is an audio plugin that segments the audio track and reassembles it back, creating a new sound using panning and pitch shifting.
It can create a large variety of different sound types, and is ideal for creating strange or spooky effects in movie productions, vocal effects, weird background sounds, lush pad sounds, rhythmic distortions, live sound modifications, etc...
Incoming sound is fed into a delay line from which small pieces of various durations and at different moments in the past are selected. Each of these pieces is then amplified, transposed and enveloped to form a "grain". Each grain is also randomly panned and the whole mix is sent out to a stereo output stream.
Here are some key features of "SaltyGrain":
· delay line freezing for live sampling and sound modifications
· feedback of granulated output back into the delay line for dense and shifting structures
· up to max. 40 simultaneous grains
· plugin parameters controllable via MIDI
· play melodies with captured sound fragments
· density control by number of grains and grain duration
· additional grain stealing option
· grain envelope control
· typical granular slow motion effect by freezing and gradually moving through the delay line (forwards and backwards)
· Compatible VST, AU or RTAS host
· Using the unregistered version, saving presets is disabled and the plugin's state will also not be saved when you save a project in your host.
· After the plugin has been in use for a while, beeps will be added to the sound at irregular intervals, and after some more time, noise at an increasing sound level will be added to the sound output.