SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Winamp 2.3.4 Build 210
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Winamp 2.3.4 Build 210:
- The first Radionomy provided SHOUTcast Source DSP release after the sale of SHOUTcast (and Winamp) in January 2014
- This is primarily a maintenance release to resolve issues and broadcaster requests with the 2.3.x Source DSP since the last build provided under AOL ownership
- Added 'automatic mode' for selecting the SHOUTcast protocol to use which should ease setup issues (there is still the ability to explicitly set the protocol mode like before)
- Changed minimum required version of Winamp to v5.6+ due to building changes (below) and to simplify version compatibility and testing
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 727 KB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Multimedia \ Audio \ Audio Plugins
In essence a simple plugin, SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in is able to convert the Winamp powerful media player into an advanced streaming app that can let other users connected to the Internet listen to your music.
Setting it up can be a bit more difficult, but keep in mind that you might have to enable the plug-in from Winamp's preferences if you haven't done so during the installation procedure. Also, it only works with Winamp 5.5 or newer, so having the latest version of the player is a must.
The most difficult part of getting the SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in to work is setting up the correct configuration in the 'Output' tab so it can successfully connect. It comes with a non-legacy mode for SHOUTcast v1 server compatibility but if you have the right address and the port is not blocked by your firewall or ISP, things should work fine.
There is an option that enables you to make the server public, so that other users can tune-in and listen to your music. During our tests we used as input sources for SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in Winamp as well as the soundcard input. The latter has several mixer control options that give you a better command over the available functions.
All in all, SHOUTcast DSP Plug-in is more than a simple add-on for this popular media player and in case you're looking into setting an online radio station, this one could easily be a top pick.
SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Winamp was reviewed by Bogdan Popa, last updated on August 2nd, 2014
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8