Voxengo Overtone GEQ was designed to be a 7-band harmonic graphic equalizer with multi-channel support (supporting up to 8 input/output channels, host setup dependent: if you are using audio host application that conforms to VST specification of version below 2.3, 2 plug-in channels will be available only). Overtone GEQ offers extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and supports mid/side processing.
Beside equalizing, Overtone GEQ applies harmonic enhancement processing. That is why Overtone GEQ is comparably CPU-heavy: it uses 7 harmonic enhancement modules, one for each EQ band. This generates complex harmonic coloration you will probably like a lot.
Since Overtone GEQ implements graphic equalizing by using an array of bell-shaped EQ bands--when you boost/cut adjacent bands--the actual boost or cut may go over the visual setting.
Overtone GEQ conforms to VST specification version 2.4, and so it is able to interface with audio host applications in full 64-bit floating point resolution (if supported by host application).
Most efficient audio card latency is 512 samples for use with this plug-in (plug-in's internal processing overhead may become considerable at low latencies like 64 samples).
Bypass state is not saved between sessions. Bypass switch was mainly designed for evaluation of changes plug-in makes. Bypass switch will not reduce plug-in's CPU load when switched on.
Here are some key features of "Voxengo Overtone GEQ":
· 7-band graphic equalizing
· 12 dB gain range per band
· 2 graphic equalizer views
· Multi-channel processing
· Internal channel routing
· Channel grouping
· Mid/side processing
· Complex harmonic coloration
· 64-bit floating point processing
· Preset manager
· Undo/redo history
· A/B comparisons
· Context hint messages
· 2 GHz processor
· Audio application with VST plug-in support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Automation parameters were remapped.
· Frequency and gain read-outs can be dragged for adjustments.
· "Radial" knob mode can be now disabled completely.
· "Off-Line Render" indication added.
· A/B switch visual appearance changed.
· WaveLab occasional crash fixed.
· Host sample rate switch-related problem fixed.