Winamp TV Plugin description
Winamp TV is an input plugin for which turns your Winamp into a TV tuner program.
Winamp TV is a plugin for Winamp that enables you to easily control your TV tuner card from within the multimedia player. TV and FM radio channels are saved as small files which can be enqueued in a playlist, added to the music library or just played one by one.
To change a channel, you only have to change the track in Winamp: so you can arrange the channels any way you like, you can have Winamp or a general purpose plugin randomize them for you, or make different playlists with e.g. preferred selections of channels for the morning or evening. Every channel has its own settings for the video adjustments, the TV system used, stereo/SAP audio and volume.
The plugin lets you run the sound of the TV or radio stations through Winamp's equalizer, DSP and output plugin. You can use this to get better sound, or to correct problems with a channel (using the automatic equalizer settings).
The video can be output in a separate window with captioned or thin frame, or just attached to Winamp's video window. The plugin can also use the Video Mixing Renderers which avoids the problems associated with overlays (i.e. problems in multi-monitor setups and multiple applications trying to display video), and lets you select different de-interlace options, or use the comprehensive on-screen menus.
Here are some key features of "Winamp TV Plugin":
· windowed, always-on-top or fullscreen playback, output in winamp's video window
· quick & full range frequency scan
· capture quality control
· changeable channel names, ability to make playlists of channels
· global volume, brightness, contrast, etc. settings and local adjustments for each channel
· TV system setting local for the channel
· uses winamp for channel selection, i.e. easily controlled by general purpose winamp plugins
· on-screen display with comprehensive menus
· comprehensive stereo support
· composite/s-video in support
· FM radio support
· hardware de-interlacing
· not in lite) audio can be routed through WinAmp's visualization, EQ, DSP and output plugin
· supports PCI, USB and All-in-one TV tuners, video capture and VIVO cards
· not in lite) supports digital satellite cards with BDA drivers, as well as SkyStar 2
· not in lite) supports digital terrestrial cards with BDA drivers
· not in lite) recording to AVI and MPEG-2 (third party encoders required)
· basic teletext support, will work once Microsoft fix their teletext filters
· A hardware TV tuner card