Softpedia Editor's Review for Ashampoo Music Studio
The complete digital music solution: Rip, edit, convert, record, repair and burn!
Written by Elena Opris on December 8th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Ashampoo Music Studio
Ashampoo Music Studio is a powerful application that comes bundled with a few features for audio processing, including conversion and burning. It can be easily handled, even by less experienced users.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. From the main menu you can view all available options. These include audio CD ripping and burning, recording, cover editing and tape mixing. Also, you can extract the audio stream from video files.
Audio files can be converted as well. After importing items into the list via the file browser or folder view, you can check out the name, artist, title, length, album, year and number of each track. It is possible to process multiple items at the same time.
Entries can be encoded to MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC or WAV. Furthermore, you can configure audio settings when it comes to the quality, sample rate, bit rate, volume normalization and channel mode. Plus, you can edit file tags, record and mix audio items, as well as insert silence and crossfading.
The audio processing tool supports multiple languages for the interface, includes a help file and requires a high amount of system resources. We have not come across any issues during our tests; Ashampoo Music Studio did not freeze, crash or pop up errors. The output audio tracks have a good sound quality after conversion.
Ashampoo Music Studio description
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo Music Studio":
Multi-format CD ripping:
· You can now rip tracks directly from audio CDs to WMA, MP3, Ogg, FLAC or WAV files. The files are stored directly while you are ripping, no conversion needed.
· Record directly from any audio source (microphone, aux, line in etc.) to WMA, MP3, Ogg, FLAC or WAV files. Here too, the files are stored directly as you record. You can also record from multiple sources at the same time using the Windows mixer.
· You can now rename multiple audio files using patterns like %artist% - %title%. You can also use the feature to move files to specified folders. These features are great for organizing your music collection.
Audio file editing:
· Extensive new audio editing features. You can convert audio tracks to different formats and quality settings. You can cut, mix and modify your tracks as you like. You can normalize the volume of your tracks to a standard level. You can add effects like fade in and fade out. You can mix tracks and add crossfades. You can change the volume. You can insert silence or replace sound with silence. You can insert split markers to cut long audio files into manageable pieces.
CD, DVD and Blu-ray burning:
· The program's burning features have been further improved. In addition to burning audio and MP3 CDs you can now burn DVDs and Blu-ray discs with audio files. Here too, you can use all the formats supported by the program (WMA, MP3, Ogg, FLAC, and WAV) and you can also burn mixed-format CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
Extended playlist import support:
· You can now also import playlists from WinAmp M3U, PLS, ASX, P4U and WPL formats.
Improved damaged file repair features:
· The program can find, repair and move damaged audio files in all the following formats: MP3, Ogg, FLAC, WAV.
· Min. resolution 1024 x 768 and 16-bit High color.
· 512 MB RAM, Hard Disk Space 110 MB.
· Microsoft .Net 4.0 Framework
· 10 days evaluation period (can be extended with 20 additional days after free email registration)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved file browsing
· improved recording
· fixed minor issues