Audio Dedupe is an innovative tool that can recognize duplicate audio files even if they are stored in different file formats and are not marked with ID3 tags. Audio Dedupe enables you to easily find all similar or exact duplicate in a folder and its subfolders.
Unlike other duplicate file finders it will actually "listen" to your music and can recognize a song even if it is saved in different file formats. You can specify a percent of audio similarity - about 70% is a good choice. You can also choose fast CRC32 or file size algorithms.
When the scan process is finished the program shows you all audio file duplicates in groups and can automatically mark the smaller bitrate, shorter length and/or smaller file size files for deletion (the lower quality ones). With a couple of mouse clicks you can get rid off all duplicate audio files and save valuable disk space.
You can also backup your duplicates as the tool can move them also to a specified folder maintaining the directory structure. Audio Dedupe supports MP3, MP2, MP1, WAV, OGG and AIFF file formats, has an intuitive user interface and is well documented. Audio Dedupe is a powerful utility for finding similar or exact duplicate audio files in a folder and its subfolders.
Supported file formats:
AAC Files (*.aac; *.mp4, *.m4a) - iTunes Audio Files including Apple Lossles audioAC3 Files (*.ac3)
Audio IFF Files (*.aif; *.aiff)
FLAC Files (*.flac)
MPEG Audio Files (*.mp3;*.mp2;*.mp1;*.mpa)
Musepack Files (*.mpc)
OGG Files (*.ogg)
WAVE Files (*.wav)
WavPack Files (*.wv)
Windows Media Audio Files (*.wma)
Here are some key features of "Audio Dedupe":
· Find all similar or exact duplicate audio files in user specified folders using audio compare of the file contents
· Find exact duplicate audio files using fast hash checksum algorithm
· User can adjust the percent of audio similarity
· Lower bitrate audio files can be automatically marked for deletion
· Shorter duration audio files can be automatically marked for deletion
· Smaller file size audio files can be automatically marked for deletion
· Older audio files can be automatically marked for deletion
· Integrated audio player to preview the audio duplicates
· User can manual select the duplicate audio files for deletion
· Duplicate audio files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
· Supports MP3, MP2, MP1, MPA, WAV, OGG, AIFF, AAC, MP4, FLAC, AC3, WavPack (WV), Musepack (MPC) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) file formats
· Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
· CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
· 128 MB RAM
· 20 MB free hard disk space
· True Color display and video card
· Mouse or other pointing device
· Sound card with installed drivers
· 15 days trial
· Only the first 10 duplicate groups will be shown after the scan
· You can not delete or move the selected duplicate files using Move or Delete Selected buttons.
· You can not use Rename, Open with Associated Program and Locate in Explorer popup menu items.
· You can not Save/Load projects
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Greatly improved cache speed by introducing new cache file format. Old cache files are not supported.
· In Filter dialog added option to include or exclude the matched files from scanning
· In Quick Check added new button "Check All Except First in Group"
· Added new option "Show warning if all files in a group are marked for deleting"
· Faster loading of large projects
· Enhanced "Browse for Folders" dialog
· Added new command-line -p option to save the project after scan
· You can now add folders by using drag&drop from the windows explorer
· Other small GUI fixes and enhancements