Softpedia Editor's Review for Audio Extractor For FREE
A handy tool to extract audio from video files
Written by Elena Opris on September 17th, 2012
Audio Extractor is an application that you can use to convert media files from multiple formats (e.g. AVI, 3GP, FLAC) to audio tracks of several extensions, including MP3, WAV, FLAC, OGG and WMA. It can be seamlessly used by individuals of any experience level.
The interface of the program is plain and simple to navigate through. Media files can be imported into the list by using the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed but you can add only one task at a time.
In the task list you can check out the input and output name and format, total time, size, progress, number of frames per second, current time and estimated size of each media file.
All you have to do is specify the output profile and destination, in order to proceed with the encoding job. But you can also configure audio settings when it comes to the sample frequency rate, volume, bit rate, channel mode and others.
Furthermore, you can enable Audio Extractor to copy the timestamp and to overwrite existing files, remove a task from the list or clear all of them, pause tasks, preview clips in a small, built-in media player and trim them by marking the start and end position, and others.
The audio conversion software requires a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to preserve a good sound quality in the output audio tracks. We haven't come across any issues during our tests and Audio Extractor did not freeze or crash. There's also a brief step-by-step guide that you can look into. We strongly recommend Audio Extractor to all users.
Audio Extractor For FREE description
Here are some key features of "Audio Extractor For FREE":
Batch Conversion Support:
· In case of mass conversion you can use inbuilt Batch Conversion engine to increase performance.
Handy User's Interface:
· Easy-to-use Explorer-like interface allows you easily navigate through audio files on our computer and perform all actions just by one mouse click even for unproficient user.
Supported Video Formats:
· AVI, DivX, XviD, MPEG, MPG, WMV, ASF, MOV, QT, FLV, SWF, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, RM, RMVB, MKV, VOB, VCD DAT, OGM, AMV to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG FLAC or WAV.
· WAV, MP3, AC3, AAC, M4A, MPC, MPA, MP2, WMA, FLAC, SHN, APE, OGG, WV, AMR to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, OGG FLAC or WAV.
· CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (2GHz) or AMD Athlon XP 2800+ (2.2GHz);
· RAM: 512MB
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function