Guitar Pro is first and foremost a software designed to edit tablatures for guitar, bass, and other fretted instruments from 4 to 8 strings. With Guitar Pro you'll be able to learn how to play, compose and improve your guitar skills.
Its great ease of use and the success of its specific file format have made it a software used by guitarists worldwide. It now includes editing support for many other instruments like the piano or the drums, a realistic audio engine, and interactive tools to support every musician's practice.
Here are some key features of "Guitar Pro":
· With Guitar Pro you have the option of working either directly in page or screen mode (horizontal or vertical). The screen modes use all the space available in the workspace. It is possible to change at any moment the proportions and page setup of your document as well as the viewed tracks.
Automatic page setup:
· Guitar Pro automatically configures the vertical position of the various elements of the score. The input is therefore very rapid, giving an output similar to that of published songbooks.
· Guitar Pro automatically adds the bars and provides synchronization between the tracks of the score. This strict synchronization is needed for proper sound rendering of the score and it can also be educational at the same time.
· Each tool within Guitar Pro is closely linked to the active track properties. For example, if you opened the guitar tuner, it would give you the tuning chosen for that specific track. This makes Guitar Pro very powerful, and easy to use.
· Administrator's rights for installation, Internet connection for activation
· Intel Pentium 4 type processor
· 1 GB RAM
· Sound card - DVD-ROM drive
· 256 MB free HD space
· Nag screen
· It is limited and will not let you:
· open files outside of those provided
· save files
· import ASCII, MIDI, MusicXML, PowerTab, and TablEdit files
· export to MusicXML, ASCII, or MIDI
· use other instruments than 3 guitars (nylon, steel, electric), 1 bass, 1 piano, and drums
· limited sound bank
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An entire rewrite, this new version is truly a major evolution for Guitar Pro, with its new interface and completely redesigned ergonomy. Characterized by a soberer presentation and leaving more room to the score, access to the various editing and sound-setting tools has been made optimal via a side-panel. You can now open several documents simultaneously, create them from templates, and edit them in full-screen mode.
· Many new musical symbols appear along with the possibility to edit over 4 voices, which thus improves writing generally for fretted instruments as well as other types of instruments – such as the piano with the grand staff. Other symbols like the “slash” notation, or multirest and simile signs now help make the score look lighter. A stylesheet has also appeared, for the user to customize his/her scores’ looks entirely, in classical or jazz style, and with 70 setting parameters. You can even adjust the sizes of measures by hand with the “design” mode.
· As for the RSE ...