Softpedia Editor's Review for MP3 Album Maker
Allows you to pack/join your MP3 files in a single file still allowing full playability and tag editing
Written by Elena Opris on January 10th, 2013
MP3 Album Maker is an application with a name that pretty much sums up its functionality - it allows you to create an audio album from MP3 tracks by joining them together.
The interface of the program is based on a standard window where you can import audio tracks by using only the file browser, tree view or 'drag and drop' method.
The file queue displays the name of each file. So, all you have to do is specify the output directory and filename, in order to proceed with the merging procedure.
In addition, you can edit metadata (artist, album, album prefix and suffix), add an album cover, make the app delete the source files when the task is done, as well as arrange songs up and down in the list. MP3 Album Maker also allows you to unpack an album.
The audio processing tool requires a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time and quickly finishes a task without freezing, crashing o popping up error dialogs. On the downside, the interface needs some improvements in the visual department.
All in all, MP3 Album Maker provides a simple and straightforward solution to building MP3 albums. Thanks to its intuitive layout and overall simplicity, beginners should have no problems in comprehending it.
MP3 Album Maker description
Here are some key features of "MP3 Album Maker":
· Files packed with MP3 Album Maker can be played by any MP3 player
· Edit the tags on you MP3's, use MP3 Album Maker to pack them in to a single file, edit the tags of your new Album, even include Album Art
· Fully reversible
· Use MP3 Album Maker to unpack your MP3 files back to their original state
· Drag n drop
· Drag n drop your MP3's on to MP3 Album Maker and it will pack them into a single MP3 file, drag n drop a single Album onto MP3 Album Maker and it will unpack them for you
· Designed to achieve the least amount of mouse clicks to produce the results
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· revised GUI layout to fix 120 DPI screen issues
· added a checkbox to toggle sorting of added or drag 'n dropped files (it should be noted that the Windows Explorer may not order your files in the expected manor