Slim Devices introduces SlimServer, our powerful and free Open Source software. Not only will it power any Squeezebox, but it also serves the original SLIMP3 network music player or any software MP3 player on your network. SlimServer runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and Solaris.
SlimServer is a multiplatform network music player that streams music and supports slim devices.
SlimServer is a robust Open Source software that includes contributions from a worldwide community of developers who are driven by the desire to work on exciting projects. The efforts of Slim Devices' Open Source community results in rapid development and a rich set of features, evolving in response to user feedback.
Here are some key features of "SlimServer":
· Web Interface-control the player and manage playlists from a web browser
· MP3 & WMA Internet radio
· Alarm clock
· Automatically imports iTunes library and playlists (Windows and Mac)
· Automatically imports metadata tags
· Browse and search by title, artist, album or genre
· Shuffle and repeat albums or songs
· Create, save, and import .pls, .cue and .m3u playlist files
· Displays current date and time when not playing
· Open protocol and command line API-easy to control from other applications
· Expandable through 3rd party plug-ins and skins
· Supports multiple synchronized players
· Cross platform Open Source software, written in Perl (GPL)
· Listen from any computer using an MP3 software player (Winamp or iTunes)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Localized to 7 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Hebrew, including the Mac and Windows installers and the Squeezebox and Transporter firmware.
· Added support for saving Albums, Artist, Genres, and Years as favorites.
· Changed the volume control for Squeezebox, Squeezebox2, and Squeezebox v3 to use a 0 to 100 scale.
· Squeezebox2 and Squeezebox v3 now support the Ogg music format natively.
· RadioGuide by radiotime.com
· Increased support for WMA radio stations.
· Gapless MP3 playback.
· Many more improvements and bug fixes.