Softpedia Editor's Review for Playlist Creator
Creates playlists quickly and easily. Can read tag data. Supports any file type.
Written by Elena Opris on November 26th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Playlist Creator
Playlist Creator is a tool that lets you build playlists for media players which support the PLS and M3U formats.
The user interface is standard - it may even seem dull for some users. But that's because Playlist Creator is oriented towards functionality and not impressive graphics.
All you have to do is add the audio or video files (drag and drop is supported), select the output directory, enter a name, select the format type, and create your playlist. The task takes only a few seconds, and the software makes a sound to alert you when it has completed the job.
Additionally, you can insert another playlist into the new one, place the files in the order you want them to be displayed, remove selected or all items, but you can also configure Playlist Creator.
You can select your preferred language (English or German), show hidden messages, reset settings, enable the tool to automatically check for newer versions each week, disable sound when a playlist has been successfully created, specify where new playlist entries are inserted into the list, write extended information, configure title format, but you can also choose the file types that will be recognized by Playlist Creator.
The application uses a small amount of system resources, and it is extremely simple to learn by all users. Without a doubt, this type of software is welcomed by everyone. Playlist Creator offers a simple solution for managing the way you listen to music.
Playlist Creator description
Here are some key features of "Playlist Creator":
· ID3Tag support - Playlist Creator can read ID3Tags of your mp3-files and use the data for customizing the playlist.
· High processing speed - Very high processing speed even with activated readout of ID3Tags because the tool supports the powerful open source library id3lib.
· Drag and Drop - Add your music files with style by using drag and drop from Windows Explorer.
· Recursive folder adding - Folders can be added recursively, i.e. the folder and all its subfolders. Enables you to add your entire music collection via a single drag and drop action.
· Dynamic Titles - Define dynamic title variables to convert ID3Tag data to custom playlist titles.
· Absolute / Relative - The playlist items can be saved absolute or relative to the save location of the playlist.
· Many predefined file types - There are a lot of predefined file types which can instantly be added to the playlist.
· Custom file types - If you think there is an important file type missing you can easily add it to the list of accepted file types.
· PLS and M3U playlists - For compatibility with a wide variety of hardware and software Playlist Creator can create playlists both in PLS- and M3U-format.
· Open or insert playlists - Open existing playlist files to modify them or insert playlist files into your current playlist.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: During long running processes (e.g. playlist creation) the progress is displayed in the taskbar icon (Windows 7)
· New: Settings checkbox for inserting new entries in ascending order
· Changed: Use system built-in header sort arrows instead of custom graphics (Windows XP, Vista, 7)
· Changed: New icons for create playlist dialog
· Changed: Improved look and feel of playlist context menu
· Changed: Improved look and feel of 'File Types' settings dialog
· Changed: Display the full version number of the application in all places
· Changed: Integrated latest MediaInfoDLL (v0.7.27)
· Fixed: Drag and drop doesn't work when application is started by the auto-start feature of the installer (Windows Vista, 7)
· Fixed: Folder selection dialog doesn't scroll to last selected folder (Windows 7)