Softpedia Editor's Review for TigoTago
Media files tag editor with WYSWIG and MP3, WAV, AVI support
Written by Elena Opris on December 28th, 2012
TigoTago is a program designed to help you edit the metadata of your audio tracks. It supports several file types, including MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV, WMA and FLAC.
The tool comes with a user-friendly interface where you can easily locate and process audio tracks, thanks to the Explorer-based layout. But you can also change the current directory from the 'File' menu.
The file list displays the name, metadata, bit rate, duration and type of each file. So, you can edit basic tags, such as title, artist, album, year and comment.
Advanced users can edit additional fields, like the composer, conductor and lyrics. Furthermore, you can view tag information by opening the context menu, change the case of the filenames, as well as get names from tags or vice versa.
Moreover, you can use a search and replace function, change the files order, get tags from text documents or CUE sheets, remove tags and delete the cover files, as well as restore all settings to their default values.
The program requires a moderate amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and contains user's guide. TigoTago did not cause us any problems throughout our testing; the app did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. First-time users may take some time to get familiarized with all the features; the tool's interface should be better organized. Also, TigoTago does not offer support for multiple languages.
Here are some key features of "TigoTago":
· currently supported media files: MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, APE, AVI, WAV, WMA, WMV OGG, ASF, MPC, MPP, MPEG
· tags from names
· tags from simple text
· tags from cue sheet
· files names from tags
· tagging user templates
· preview all changes before saving to disk
· ordering files
· numbering files
· editor like a spreadsheet with full multiselect and find & replace functionality
· import tags from freedb for unnamed files with count and times according to original CD
· search freedb.org for album
· search discogs.com for album
· http connection with proxy authorizaiton
· modern interface
· log window for monitornig all actions
· navigation in a commander's style
· two views: current directory and recursive directory
· user friendly context help with many screenshots and examples
· integrating with system shell
· full info of supported files (all tag frames and technical info)
· .NET Framework 2.0