Softpedia Editor's Review for Easy Photo Recovery
A useful tool that guarantees the safety of your photos and videos
Written by Elena Opris on December 12th, 2012
Easy Photo Recovery is a straightforward application that enables you to recover lost data from your removable drives. It supports several file types, including TIF, AVI, BMP, PNG, GIF, MOV, MP3 and MP4.
The program is wrapped in a clean and intuitive interface. Once you have selected the source drive from the drop-down list, you can initialize the scanning procedure with the simple click of a button.
When scanning is complete, you can view the name, format and thumbnail of each found file. Select which items you want and specify the output directory and file prefix, in order to recover them.
Additionally, you can select or deselect all items, set Easy Photo Recovery to extract thumbnails and enable fast scan mode (it is quicker than the regular scanning process but not as thorough).
From the "Options" area you can make file associations, establish a thumbnail suffix and maximum file size to scan (in MB), as well as make Easy Photo Recovery remove trailing garbage when saving items.
The media recovery program uses a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and can take a long while to finish a scanning task, depending on the size of the removable drive. But it delivers accurate results and manages to preserve a good image quality after recovery. There's also a help file available for first-time users. Unfortunately, you cannot make Easy Photo Recovery look for a specific file or set additional filters (e.g. date of creation).
Easy Photo Recovery description
Here are some key features of "Easy Photo Recovery":
Recover Original Filename:
· Easy Photo Recovery always try to restore the images using the original, and correct, filename in the memory card. This facilitates you to recover your images using consistent names. Moreover, the Exif information (e.g. shooting date/time) of some of your image (e.g. AVI, raw format photo) can be properly be retrieved by the software bundled with your digital device if the information is kept in the thumbnail file (.THM) instead of the image file.
· With the dedicated logic in Easy Photo Recovery, in general the original filename can also be restored in 'Complete Scan' (sector scanning) mode, which is hardly found in other similar products in the market.
Different Scan Modes:
· Quick Scan allows faster and more accurate recovery if you just need to recover deleted photos. Complete scan (sector scanning) ensures that data in your memory card is analyzed.
· Before quick scan is conducted, the system will automatically validate the card contents and determine the card integrity. Alert will be shown if there is doubt in the memory card integrity.
· Both scan modes ensure that the same image will not appear twice in the output.
Raw Format Photo Recovery:
· Easy Photo Recovery recovers all common digital photo formats (e.g. JPG, TIF) as well as common raw formats. The recovery logic is specially designed to cater memory card.
· Most camera stores thumbnail in the digital photo for rapid display if a lower version of image is required. In some brands and models, sometimes more than 1 thumbnail is stored in the picture, and the resolution is sufficient to print a 4R photo or above.
· Although sometimes the original image cannot be recovered properly (e.g. partial overwritten), the thumbnail may be in good shape. Easy Photo Recovery provides an option to extract valid JPEG thumbnails and store them in separated files.
Easy to Use:
· Simple enough for any person to use. All hard-to-understand parameters and internal settings are auto-determined by the software.
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated Polish and Chinese Traditional language files.