Softpedia Editor's Review for JetPhoto Studio
A full-featured digital photo organizer and Web publisher
Written by Elena Opris on March 27th, 2012
JetPhoto Studio is a software designed to help you organize and publish your image files.
Once you initialize the application with the user-friendly interface, you can create a new album, import from camera, browse and open albums, or manage GPS logs.
So, after you give a name to your new album, you can import pictures by using the file browser or "drag and drop" method.
Furthermore, you can arrange images in the album by capture time or file name (ascending or descending), as well as rotate and crop them.
In addition, you can adjust an image's brightness, contrast and color balance, apply filters (black and white, sepia) and automatically correct exposure.
Moreover, you can use the undo and redo functions, batch rename files, copy file names to photo notes, auto rotate with EXIF information, as well as create a slideshow, Flash gallery, wallpaper, screensaver and others.
Plus, you can upload your album to Flickr, batch resize photos and add watermarks, locate images on maps or with GPS, merge GPS metadata into JPEG or RAW files, link photos to Google Earth, and more.
The program runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, can guide you to an online user guide and didn't display any errors during our tests. Also, its response time is very good.
If we had to mention a negative aspect it would be the fact that JetPhoto Studio doesn't provide the user with enough filters to apply to images (e.g. posterize, emboss, invert). But, all in all, JetPhoto Studio is a pretty good application for creating and publishing albums to various sources and we strongly recommend it to all users.
JetPhoto Studio description
Here are some key features of "JetPhoto Studio":
Album is folder:
· JetPhoto Studio saves photos in albums. Actually, each album package is a folder contains digital photo files and the necessary metadata file. So you can move, copy, duplicate or backup album packages like other common folders with ease. Album folders can also be exchanged between Windows PCs and Macs. JetPhoto Studio provides versions for both operating systems.
Import photos and more:
JetPhoto Studio can download photos directly from a connected camera or receive files by drag-and-drop. Besides JPEG photo files, JetPhoto Studio version 5 also enables to import and manage video, raw, panorama and stereo files captured by your digital camera as well:
· JetPhoto Studio provides a series of functionalities to organize photos (or videos) by EXIF metadata, notes, keywords, time and geodata. You could set descriptions or keywords for your photos. When you need search photos, just type the keyword, the thumbnails of the matched photos will be "spotlighted".
· When displays the photo in full-view, you can drag the mouse to apply a "magnifier" to observe the actual pixels of the photo details.
· Needn't to have a Photoshop, JetPhoto Studio is also integrated with some built-in easy-to-use image editing tools, such as intelligent enhancing, rotating, cropping, color balance, brightness, contrast adjusting, B&W or sepia effects.
· For most people the easiest and most efficient way to organize photos is based on the date and time the photos were taken. Actually, digital camera always save a timestamp for each photo when taking the shot. Therefore, you can keep your journal by taking photos and keep your multimedia diary in JetPhoto Studio.
· JetPhoto Studio offers a calendar interface to review photos. There is nothing else for you to do!! JetPhoto obtains the photo capture time automatically and properly as long as photos are imported from a digital camera. The specified date or time you took those photos will be highlighted in Month View or Week View. In this way, the user can quickly pick out the wanted photos by timeline.
· Every photo or video managed by JetPhoto can have a latitude-longitude coordinate value to specify the locations they were taken. JetPhoto Studio enables users to review and browse photos with an enclosed map on which to show photos locations. Drag the mouse on the map, you can select a rectangle to quickly pick out photos taken in the specified area.
Which city, which street, which corner... Where did I take this photo:
· JetPhoto Studio gives you an amazing new way to organize your photos with a digital map built into the program can show the locations where all photos were taken.
The procedure to locate photos is commonly known as 'Geotagging'. Presently, with JetPhoto Studio, we have three geotagging methods to locate your photos:
· You can note the photo location directly on the map as the place where a photo was taken.
Automatic Locating with GPS:
· You only need have a GPS logger with which can locate photos taken by any digital camera models. JetPhoto Studio will automatically find photo locations with matching time-synchronized GPS tracks recorded by the GPS device. (See the introductions below for the details.)
Using GPS Camera:
· JetPhoto Studio can directly read the location information saved in any digital photos taken by GPS-enabled cameras, such as Ricoh 500SE, Nikon D200 with GP-1, iPhone 4 etc.
· Geotagging with a common camera and a GPS logger
· JetPhoto Studio is integrated with GPS technology and can locate and link digital photos on a geographical map in a very easy way. This is an exciting advancement for anyone who likes to travel - and take pictures! You only need a GPS logger turned on to record tracks during your travels. No need the wire connection between your camera and your GPS logger. No need to add any GPS waypoints manually. JetPhoto Studio uses a convenient program to match digital photo timestamps with the time-synchronized GPS track logs. The longitude and latitude location information will be found automatically for all photos.
Present photos on Google Earth and Google Maps:
· Now launch 'Google Earth' which displays the locations of all these GPS-located photos or package both the photo files and GPS tracks into one KMZ file that can be shared easily and opened with Google Earth anytime later!
Turn photos into a Flash movie:
· You can present your photos in a slide show and save it as a single SWF file that can be shared easily and opened in any Flash-enabled web browser or media player.
Make Flash and web galleries:
· Make an interactive gallery and share it on Internet. With only a few clicks, JetPhoto Studio can turn your digital photos or videos into a professional looking Flash gallery or a fantastic web gallery with Lightbox or Cover Flow effects. If your photos or videos are geotagged, then you can also make a Google Map web gallery.
Works with Flickr:
· Flickr is a popular web photo sharing service. JetPhoto Studio is easy-to-use software, helping Flickr users organize photos on their home computer.
· With JetPhoto Studio, you can add photo descriptions with notes, tag photos with keywords, and geotag photos with GPS locating. With a few simple clicks, you can upload your photos, or a whole album, onto Flickr. In the meantime, the photo descriptions, keyword tags and photo location data will be uploaded with your photos, too.
Works with JetPhoto Server:
· JetPhoto Server is a full-featured digital photo publishing service software based on PHP. With JetPhoto Server, you can set up your very own themed photo website very easily and quickly.
· WebSync When the photo album is prepared, you can use 'WebSync' to publish the album to your JetPhoto Server website. All your uploaded pictures will be automatically resized and stamped with watermarks while the album is being published. Once the album is published on the web server, you can still modify the the album easily using JetPhoto Studio. The online web album will be updated and synchronized with the local album on your home computer automatically, as long as WebSync is used again. The only thing you need is to One-Click!
· And, to manage your JetPhoto Server website is also flexible. You can set web page templates for your online album appearances, or set a password for the website access.
Simple movie editing:
· JetPhoto Studio is a swiss-army-knife application for your digital photos. Not only that, JetPhoto Studio version 5 also provides many easy-to-use features for videos. Digital cameras capture video clips as well as still images. Each shot is for a scene recorded to a separate AVI, MP4 or MOV video file in the camera.
· JetPhoto Studio is a simple movie editor as well as an organizer for your video clips. In JetPhoto Studio, an album can be regarded as a playlist for your video files. You can fast trim video clips and reorder them in the playlist as you need, then all clips will be connected into a final movie after making cuts.
Web video encoding and publishing:
· Now, it's time to produce and publish your final movie. With a simple click, JetPhoto Studio can merge clips into a single video track and encode it as a H.264 file that is ready for publishing to a web player works in both Flash-enabled web browsers and iPad/iPhone mobiles.
· The encoded videos can be also played in Flash, Lightbox, CoverFlow and Google Map web galleries. Actually, users needn't know more details about the video encoding and page integrating, JetPhoto automatically finished all to add video content into the generated gallery.
· Intel PIII 800MHz CPU or higher
· 256M RAM, 50M free disk space or more
· Supports 24-bit or 32-bit colors display
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Uses Google Maps API v3
· removed code using deprecated v2 API)
· Improved watermark making in WebReady and WebSync
· Other bug fixes
| ||Softpedia guarantees that JetPhoto Studio 4.15.1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |