Softpedia Editor's Review for PicaJet
View and share your digital photos
Written by Elena Opris on January 5th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for PicaJet
PicaJet is an application which enables you to manage, modify and share your digital images. It can be seamlessly configured by inexperienced individuals.
The interface of the tool is clean and pretty intuitive. PicaJet can be set to automatically search for folders with images or you can browse the computer yourself.
So, you can copy and move pictures to other locations, rotate, flip and crop them, adjust the brightness level, remove the red eye effect, as well as send items to mobile phones or via emails.
In addition, you can arrange and group items (e.g. by location, name, day), use a search function, zoom in and out, convert or resize multiple pictures at the same time, adjust the time stamp, as well as set photographs as wallpapers.
From the 'Options' screen you can change the measurement unit, make the app automatically rotate images by using the EXIF orientation, customize the thumbnails style and background, optimize the database, as well as change the interface skin and language, among others.
The program uses a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, has a good response time and includes user documentation. PicaJet did not cause us any problems during our tests; the tool did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs.
All in all, PicaJet comes with some interesting features for managing, modifying and sharing image files. It can be easily figured out by novices, thanks to its intuitive layout.
Here are some key features of "PicaJet":
· Add categories, describe and rate your digital photos with ease
· Rename multiple photos as effortlessly as one
· Edit multiple photos simultaneously
· Changes are never applied to the original file. Consequently, you can always return to your original photo! All changes are applied to a copy of the image which you can then Print, E-mail, Save or Copy
· Dynamically resize thumbnails
· Dynamically add properties to thumbnails (including EXIF!)
· Dynamically zoom in on, or out of any image
· View photos as a slide show
· 10 convenient techniques are provided for the quick and easy importing of photos from your digital camera
· An innovative new process enables you to scan your photos far more rapidly than would normally be possible
· Customize the program with user interface "skins"!
Powerful search features:
· Using the "Locate By" bar, you can sort and group your photos by date, rating, location, etc. Use the results to locate any desired photo or even a group of photos
Sort images by any criterion with a single click:
· Search photos using any criteria you like! (Including EXIF fields)
· Send your favorite photos to friends with a single mouse click
· Turn your favorite photo into your Windows Desktop wallpaper in a flash
· Copy images using "dynamic editing"
· Reduce the space occupied by your photos while suffering nearly no loss of quality
· Pentium II (or higher)
· 64 Mb RAM
· 60 Mb free disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit versions)
· Minor Improvements