Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for Picture Resizer Pro
Resize your digital photos so you can share them with family and friends
Written by Elena Opris on June 1st, 2012
Picture Resizer Pro is an application that you can use to easily resize image files, as the title implies. This type of software is ideal if you have a large amount of images on your computer that take up too much space.
The interface of the program is simple and intuitive. You have to follow a few simple steps to achieve your desired results.
So, you can get started by choosing a resizing mode (single image or batch processing), after which you can locate the source images by using the file browser (the "drag and drop" method is not supported).
In addition, you can specify the destination folder and configure image settings when it comes to quality, anti-aliasing, resolution, subdirectories, and others. During the task you can check out the current image that's being processed and a progress bar, along with the original and resulted image size.
The simple-to-use program runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and quickly finishes a task without freezing, crashing or displaying errors along the way. We haven't encountered any issues. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. But, even so, we strongly recommend Picture Resizer Pro to all users, regardless of their experience level.
Picture Resizer Pro description
Here are some key features of "Picture Resizer Pro":
- DPI (Dots Per Inch) selector so you can print out high quality pictures
- Image Quality adjuster so you can manage the quality of your pictures
- An Anti-Aliasing feature so you can turn on/off Anti-Aliasing
- Ability to resize your images from 10% to 250% of the original OR resize to a specific Pixel size
- If you have images other than JPG images you can also resize GIF, TIFF, PNG and BMP images
- This program also has a mode selector so you can resize 1 image or multiple images in a batch format
- A newly added feature allows you to resize images in sub directories as well, thus preventing you to have to select each individual directory of image. Just select the root folder and watch all your images in each folder get resized. Of course you can also turn this feature off if you do not want this.
- Resize by Aspect Ratio.
- NEW - Saves settings after each use so you no longer have to reset settings after resizing.
- Supports single or batch mode processing
- Average 10:1 compression ratio or better
- Resize digital phots by percentage or pixel
- Preserves original digital photos
- Specify smallest size limits. So your pictures do not get accidentally resized smaller than you'd like
- Picture window, so you can watch your digital photos get resized
- Supports .JPG
- Supports .GIF
- Supports .PNG
- Supports .BMP
- Adjust image DPI for higher quality digital photo prints
- Image Quality Adjuster
- Anti-Aliasing Support
- Resize images in sub directories
- Resize by Aspect Ratio
- Pentium 3 800MHz / AMD Athlon 1GHz or better processor
- At least 512MB of memory
- 3MB hard drive space for program
- 25 Images batch conversion limitation
- Version 3.3.0 fixes a bug that users were getting when opening the program. Also, I changed the percentage selector from a drop down list to a track bar. This will allow you to select any value between 1% and 250% instead of increments of 5.