Softpedia in association with Ashampoo offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Ashampoo Snap with 30% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice, the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Softpedia Editor's Review for Ashampoo Snap [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ]
Create and send screenshots and videos quickly
Written by Elena Opris on May 22nd, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Ashampoo Snap [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ]
Ashampoo Snap is a program designed to help you easily take snapshots and capture video recordings.
Since this is an ad-supported software, you should be careful during installation. Snap offers to download a non-essential third-party component and to make some changes to your web browsers.
Once you initialize the program, you will be able to access its features via the capture bar (placed on the upper part of the screen) and the system tray.
So, you can capture a video (single window, desktop, rectangular or fixed region), configure audio and video settings (e.g. capture a typical Windows application, capture the microphone), set the encoding method (on the fly or disk cache) and configure mouse cursor and effects.
Furthermore, you can capture a single window, scrolling window (freestyle or website), as well as a free rectangle, freestyle or fixed region.
Once you have captured an image, you can edit it by using tools for blur, pixelate, erase, marker, spotlight, flood fill, shape, pencil, arrow, text, hint, stamp and zoomed button.
Plus, you can rotate, mirror, flip or resize the image, use the undo and redo functions, apply effects (e.g. drop shadow, pencil drawing, grayscale), and more.
The program takes up a moderate amount of system resources, includes step-by-step tutorials and ran smoothly during our tests. Snap has a very good response time and no errors have popped up when we were evaluating it.
All in all, Ashampoo Snap is an excellent tool for capturing videos and images from your desktop, and we highly recommend it to all users.
Ashampoo Snap [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ] description
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo Snap [ DISCOUNT: 30% OFF! ]":
· Support for multi-core processors for highest performance
· No keyboard acrobatics required thanks to 1-click features
· No fiddling with nested input dialogs
· Real-time modifications with live preview
· Revise your work through readjustable document settings
· Multiple capture modes: Fixed area, free area, timer-based and more
· Integrated image editor: Draw, highlight, apply artistic effects
· Multi-format export: File, Clipboard, Printer, email, Facebook,
· Ashampoo Webspace
· Desktop capture bar for quick and easy access to essential features
· Load and save PDF documents
· Graphic adapter: min.resolution1024 x 768 and 16-bit High color (32-bit recommended) and min. 64 MB RAM.
· Sound Card: none (supported audio record device and microphone recommended)
· RAM and disk space: 256 MB RAM, approx. 30 MB Hard Disk Space for program files.
· 10 days trial period that can be extended with 30 additional days if you request a trial key for free
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· If snap is started again and one instance is already active, then welcome window is shown.
· Wrong time in edit mode added.
· Rename warning in case file name in use.
· Settings slider redraw.
· Tools Rectangle and Ellipse show malformed transparency.