Softpedia Editor's Review for Jet Screenshot
Take a shot, edit it, send it to the net, get a link which you can share. Free!
Written by Victoria Sova on January 29th, 2013
Jet Screenshot is a handy utility for those who are looking for a simple means of taking snaps in order to share them over the Internet. With this tool, users can quickly capture the full screen, a region or a desired window and edit the resulted picture afterwards. Once the image processing is complete, a web link to it is provided in the clipboard.
The application features useful functions designed to ease the process of sharing screen dumps. It comes as an alternative to sending snapshots to multiple users by e-mail. With Jet Screenshot, such tasks can be performed in a fast and efficient way.
The hotkeys assigned to supported actions can be configured from the Settings window. Therefore, users can choose the keyboard combinations that suit them better. Moreover, they are provided with the possibility to apply personal watermarks to generated images.
There are several options to choose from after taking a snapshot. You can share the image on the Internet, upload it to a FTP server, save it to a PNG or JPG file, as well as copy it to clipboard. Moreover, you can set the most frequently used one as a default action.
In addition to its basic functions, Jet Screenshot integrates a Fast screen sharing option. It automatically grabs the whole screen and saves a link to the image in the clipboard. This is a fast solution suited for the situations when you do not want to edit items before sharing them.
Another distinctive feature of this application is the fact that it can generate various link types, depending on the channel you intend to send it through - chat, forum or blog.
All in all, it’s fair to say that Jet Screenshot is a complex capturing solution that can be of great assistance to those who want to share image snippets without much effort.
Jet Screenshot description
· Pentium 60 Mhz or higher
· 16 Mb RAM
· Files are stored for 30 days
· Watermark on output
· Cannot send screenshots in PNG format
· Cannot send screenshots to your own FTP server
· You cannot put your own watermark or timestamp
· Ads near screenshots you post or see
· Professional set of edit instruments in not available
· Cannot capture scrollable window and long Web-pages
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support of Windows 8 has been added.
· Now Jet Screenshot can make a screenshot of long scrollable pages. If you want to make a screenshot of a web-page which doesn’t fit in one screen, now it’s not a problem. (Capture scrollable window feature is available only in Pro version).
· New advanced “Ruler” tool has been added. It allows you to measure any distance in pixels on your screenshot. This tool will be especially useful for people who design interfaces or check a work of UI designers. (Ruler is available only in Pro version).
· New advanced “123” tool has been added. It adds sequence number on your screenshot in one click. If you make instructions, now it’s very easy for you to show an order of steps that must be done.
· Now you can add a timestamp on each of your screenshots. All you need to do it's to put an appropriate checkbox in the settings window of Jet Screenshot. (Timestamp feature is available only in Pro version).
· New advanced “Color Picker” tool has been added. It allows...