Softpedia Editor's Review for Screenpresso
Desktop image capture application
Written by Elena Opris on May 9th, 2012
Screenpresso is an application designed to help you take snapshots and record videos on your computer.
This software can also be installed as a portable product. In this case, no changes will be made to your Windows registry keys. Moreover, you can store Screenpresso on a removable device and directly run its executable file on any computer.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. Screenpresso can be easily accessed from the system tray.
So, you can capture a region, previous region, full screen or by using auto-scroll. Plus, you can open a built-in editor to draw arrows, rectangles, ellipses or a magnifying glass, blur a region, add a text box, insert text in a bubble, as well as add images, numbering and highlights.
But you can also crop/resize the picture or change the canvas size and add borders, as well as save the respective snapshots in the PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP, TIF or PDF format. Videos can have the MP4, WMV, OGV or WEBM extension. However, it requires you to separately install codecs in order to fully function.
The simple-to-use application takes up a moderate-to-high amount of system resources, supports keyboard shortcuts and several languages for the interface, and also allows you to share pictures and videos online, once you set up your accounts (e.g. Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr).
Unfortunately, this complex software doesn't come with a help file. Other than that, we strongly recommend it to all users, whether they are novices or experienced.
Here are some key features of "Screenpresso":
· Entire screen, region, window
· One-click screen capture
· Clean transparency borders and corners on Vista and Windows 7
· Scrolling part thanks to stitching mechanism
· Include cursor in your captures with a zoom factor
· Perform actions after taking screen shots : open the editor, open the history
· Manage the clipboard usage after screen shot
· Automate resizing on every capture
· Automate effects (drop shadow, borders, reflexion, ...) on every capture
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
· 2.0 GHz processor
· 2 GB of RAM
· 60 MB of free hard disk space
· You can only use once the vector-based Image editor for annotations
· HD Video captures go only up to 20 seconds
· Cannot insert custom watermarks
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· It is now possible to save screenshots as Microsoft Word or PDF file
· Settings are now saved in Roaming AppData folder by default instead of local AppData
· Workspace: images size is now configurable via advanced settings
· Sharing: fixed Facebook issue
· Sharing: added privacy setting for YouTube file upload
· Sharing: history is now bigger by default and sizeable
· Fixed WebCam shortcut issue with some specific custom shortcuts
· Fixed clipboard content issue after recording a video