Softpedia Editor's Review for Ashampoo Photo Commander FREE
Efficient management, creative editing and stylish presentation of photos
Written by Elena Opris on July 16th, 2012
Ashampoo Photo Commander is a complex software designed to help you manage and view your favorite image files. It can be easily used by individuals of any experience level.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. Thanks to the Explorer-based layout, you can easily locate photographs.
So, you can check out image information, such as name format, size, date, width and height, color depth, memory size, aspect ratio and DPI.
But you can also open a picture and view it in full screen mode, zoom in and out, set image as wallpaper, as well as move, copy, rename and delete files. On top of that, you can set ratings, create a slideshow, view rated images and set file masks, as well as edit pictures in several methods (e.g. contrast, colors, resize, effects, rotate, crop, remove red eye).
In addition, you can create a HTML album, calendar, collage, panorama, frame, card, contact sheet, photo mix or TIF multi-page file, as well as use batch processing tools (e.g. rename) along with the undo and redo functions.
In the "Settings" area you can enable Ashampoo Photo Commander to stay on top of other processes, minimize to the system tray and to play video files, allow multiple instances, make file associations, change the interface skin and language, manage plugins, and more.
The complex software runs on a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time, includes a comprehensive help file with snapshots for all user levels and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. All in all, Ashampoo Photo Commander is an excellent software for viewing and managing images and we highly recommend it to all users.
Ashampoo Photo Commander FREE description
Here are some key features of "Ashampoo Photo Commander FREE":
· Miniature view with grouping function
· Tagging and ITCP wizard
· Editing and quick-fix modes for photos
· Batch processing
· HTML albums, slideshows, collages and lots more
· Audio and video management
· Burning of discs, dispatch of e-mails, creation of PDFs
· Import from cameras and scanners
· Skins and plug-ins
· Any computer that runs a compatible operating systems at a reasonable speed, with a mouse or other compatible pointing device (required).
· Memory: For optimum performance you should have at least 128 MB RAM installed on Windows 9x-based systems. Memory recommendations for Windows 2000 and XP are higher. On these systems you should have enough memory to run standard applications like major of
· Graphics adapter: Min. resolution 1024 x 768 with 16MB memory and 16-bit color (high color)
· Hard disk space: 60 MB
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 3D hardware acceleration for a big speed boost
· Much faster and more flexible media database
· Virtual albums (Favorites) for better organization
· Stitch images to create panoramas
· Quick slide shows with cool “Ken Burns” effect
· New digital camera and scanner importer
· New advanced media search features
· Find duplicate images with different names
· Print multiple photos on a single page
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function