Softpedia Editor's Review for CINEMA 4D
A program that is known as the easiest to use professional 3D application
Written by Alexandru Pintilie on June 13th, 2013
CINEMA 4D provides you with a professional environment for bringing a vast array of animations to life ranging from short movies to complex architectural and scientific simulations. Requiring a rather high level of 3D knowledge, CINEMA 4D breaks the standards by presenting a fast learning curve that takes you from the beginner-level to intermediate in the least time span possible.
Featuring several editions, CINEMA 4D appeals to a vast array of users with both tight and large budgets, while ensuring to deliver the best bang for buck. Graphic designers can consider this particular piece of software to be a great starting point into the world of 3D graphics manipulation.
Depending on the know-how level you possess, starting up the application surely has different repercussions on users, ranging from pure stargazing to an all-knowing smug smile. The interface of the program, though, can be steadily learnt as you browse through its wonderland. You can easily start using the tools it provides and they are quite a lot, frankly.
The whole idea and backbone of the environment drawn by the application is well-built and every aspect of it exhales a professional breeze that can surely wrap you up and let your imagination take control while playing with the plethora of tools at hand. It gets you in that artistic-mode and keeps you there, focused on your work just like entering a studio with all the right things in the right place.
As soon as you let your brain, hands and eyes take control, CINEMA 4D opens up to your needs and slowly creates an symbiotic connection that, eventually, leads to great projects. No matter if you are to beat a deadline or just the competition, CINEMA 4D ensures a steady, natural workflow to keep every thing that’s creative about you going at full speed.
CINEMA 4D description
Here are some key features of "CINEMA 4D":
· Images for background templates can be dragged directly into a 2D view.
· Noise shader display in OpenGL mode.
· Any CINEMA 4D command can be dragged into the editor view to be used as a HUD element.
· Navigation speed setting for tablet users.
· Option for saving objects polygonally in the native CINEMA 4D format.
· New Auto-Save function.
· Native CINEMA 4D file format can be opened directly in Allplan 2008.
· New DWG import format.
· Selection assistance in the HUD.
· New HUD commands.
· Commands with which existing objects or materials can be put out as XRefs.
· Camera rotation can be fine-tuned via a manually adjustable pivot point.
· Objects and materials can be saved to separate scenes using the XRef function.
· The last eight tools used are displayed
· Tool for interactively placing lights (and reflections).
· Selecting all Phong Edge Breaks.
· New Structure command for connecting Points or Edges.
· New Structure command for removing edges in consideration of the Phong Angle.
· Command to spin selected edges.
· A new Animation Palette option that makes it easier for users of other applications to use CINEMA 4D.
· Scalable mini F-Curves.
· Selected keys can be moved using the cursor keys.
· New key property, "Relative".
· Pseudo sequences for easy selection and repositioning of all keys on a given track.
· Exchanging Markers between scenes.
· Selecting objects simultaneously in the Object Manager and the Timeline.
· New KeyReducer algorithm.
· Deletion of redundant Keys.
· Commands for defining an animation before the first and after the last Key.
· Command to make Keys relative.
· Command for switching the Key state between Mute and Active.
· Selected Keys can be scaled and moved temporally.
· Commands to source out existing objects/materials as XRefs.
· Up to 5 F-Curve snapshots can be made..
· Complex curves can be controlled using RM Curves.
· Command for displaying the Material Manager's layer tabs in rows.
· Resetting parameters to default setting.
· The Editor Camera's settings can now be accessed.
· A full text search can be conducted in the context-sensitive Help system.
· Help can be accessed directly from dialog windows.
· Help pages can be bookmarked.
· CPU: Intel Pentium 4, Athlon 64, Sempron (K8 with SSE2) or VIA C7
· 1024 MB free RAM
· DVD ROM drive
· OpenGL 2.1-capable graphics card
· All save functionality is disabled
· Maximum rendering resolution of 640 x 400 pixels
· No network rendering
· Limited number of assets in demo libraries (libraries contain hundreds of objects in the full commercial version)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Modeling, Workflow, Interface & Picture Viewer:
· Sculpting as a new and completely integrated modeling method with sophisticated brushes, symmetry options, hundreds of presets, masking, layers, incl. levels and object baking
· Powerful Camera Calibrator (Camera Matching) tool to reconstruct camera position, rotation and focal length based on images
· New, totally reworked premium Snap functionality
· Realistic camera motion (filmed by hand or SteadiCam simulation) can be easily created using the Motion Camera tag
· With the Camera Morph tag you can animate steplessly between various camera positions, animations and all camera parameters
· New powerful Guide objects and tools with integrated snapping functionality for Architecture, construction and technical modeling
· Additional Workplane modes and new remarkable Workplane functions
· Enhanced OpenGL viewport now with real-time soft shadows
· New To Do function
· New To Do tag
· Task / To Do Manager
· Focal length can be adjusted interactively ...