Softpedia Editor's Review for Chinese Symbol Studio
This is the only application that supports translation and creation of Chinese symbols.
Written by Gabriela Vatu on January 15th, 2013
Whether you’re curious about how to write a name in Chinese or planning to get a tattoo of a certain symbol, it’s important that you have a trustworthy source. Chinese Symbol Studio is a small utility that can be of great help on numerous occasions.
The program comes with a clean interface that is easy to figure out, thanks to the intuitive layout.
The app can be used in two ways. For instance, you can look for the word you want to translate in the library that comes with the software.
The words are filed under various categories, such as female and male names, numbers, horoscope and zodiac, family and relationship, religion and animals, just to name a few. Under each division, there are dozens of entries.
Another possibility is to use the app’s translator. The only thing you need to do is input the English word and press “Go”. The program can display over 100,000 symbols.
The symbols may be viewed in three different styles. These are easy to select from a drop-down menu in the upper area of the interface. Also, the color of the symbol and background can be set with great ease, as well as its size.
Some effects may be applied by fiddling with several values, such as the angle degree, Alpha levels, Blur, Noise and Spray. A drop shadow may also be added to the symbol.
If you want, each image can be saved to one of the supported formats, such as BMP, PNG and EPS or sent to a printer.
The bottom line is that Chinese Symbol Studio is a nice program that can be of great help on numerous occasions. Inexperienced users should have no problems in figuring out how the software works.
Chinese Symbol Studio description
Here are some key features of "Chinese Symbol Studio":
· Translate English word to Chinese writing symbols
· Create high quality anti-aliasing symbols in seconds
· Create Chinese symbols in seconds using many built-in symbol styles
· Integration with image processing software
· Create Chinese symbols in seconds using built-in symbols library
· 100,000 Symbols
· It is the only tool to support translation, creation Chinese symbols
· Pentium class CPU - 500 Mhz ( Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon - 1.2 Ghz or more recommended )
· 65536 color video card - 1024x768 ( True Color Video Card (24 or 32 bits - 16,8 M colors) - 1280x1024 recommended )
· 128 Mb RAM ( 512 Mb RAM recommended )
· 25 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improve ESP file format compatibility. (CorelDraw 12, gsview 4.8, Photoshop CS2)