This application is a CAD / CAE solution
FreeCAD is an open source CAD/CAE, based on OpenCasCade, Qt and Python.
FreeCAD features some key concepts like Workbenches and Macro recording with ability to run as a server and dynamically loadable Application extensions and its designed to be platform independent.
FreeCAD is also one of the few open source CAD programs with actual nice 3D-support perfect for procedural geometry.
The portable version of the software can be found here.
Here are some key features of "FreeCAD":
· A complete OpenCasCade-based geometry kernel allowing complex 3D operations on complex shape types, and supports natively concepts like brep, nurbs, booleans operations or fillets
· A modular architecture that allow plugins (modules) to add functionality to the core application. Those extensions can be as complex as whole new applications or as simple as python scripts or self-recorded macros
· A full parametric model allowing any type of parameter-driven custom objects, that can even be fully programmed in python
· Complete access from python built-in interpreter, macros or external scripts to almost any part of FreeCAD, being geometry creation and transformation, the 2D or 3D representation of that geometry (scenegraph) or even the FreeCAD interface
· Import/export to standard formats such as STEP, IGES, OBJ, DXF, SVG, U3D or STL.